Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2003 BLACK MO' AND ON THE SIDES I HAVE MANY SWIRLS CIRCLELING, WHAT CAN I USE TO MAKE THEM GO AWAY?????

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
You could use Kit Scratchout ultrafine polishing compound.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHICH ONE WOULD WORK BETTER, AND WHERE AND HOW MUCH IS IT>>>???? THANXS SO MUCH FOR THE IMPUT

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you want black paint to look like new, forget about applying anything. At best, you will briefly fill in the swirls but they'll be back soon enough. It's time for the Porter Cable, pads and compound

Excellent reading and products here:
http://www.autopia-carcare.com

I would recommend the following:
1. Wash
2. Clay bar
3. Dry
4. Porter Cable
------4a. Sonus Orange pad + Meguiars #83
------4b. Sonus Blue pad + Sonus SFX3, or Meguiars final finish
4. Full Zaino treatment

I will add that this will require an entire weekend (at least) because you must go slow with the polishing compound and the zaino requires adequate drying. Be sure to read all the tips at the autopia site, worth their weight in gold.

When you are done however, you can get black paint to look like it's covered in glass even under fluorescent lights.

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
autopia

I agree with Halo's recommendation. I've guided others to the autopia page as detailers discuss all their techniques and products.

I've used the Zaino line of products and they are great. They have cult followings in many a car line. zainobros.com

good luck

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanxs so much guys, i will try this.... appreaciate it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts