Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm not sure if it was everyone else was experiencing what I was but with the colder weather I was getting some rattles that seemed to come from the A pillar. After about 10 minutes of trying to reproduce the noise I found out it was NOT from the a pillar but rather from the front dash.

Specifically where the front dash corners meet the windshield NEAR the bottom of the A pillar. I stopped the rattle but simply pushing a small strip of black foam between the dash and the windscreen.

No more rattles.... back to my nice quiet MO. :claphead:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Gonzo

I'm going to have to try that. My Murano sounds like a bucket of bolts. The weather here has been pretty Chilly the last week and the colder it gets it seems the louder the rattles.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Same here..... same here.

Cold = more rattles.

·
5,244 Posts
Concur..

But for me these are no rattles……..I am getting “ticks” coming from front doors. They seem to be more frequent and louder when temps drops to low 30’s high 20’s. Simply do not have time to get “to the bottom” of that………..

·
Registered
57 Posts
As soon as it started getting cold here in California I started noticing the rattle coming from the pillar, front passenger side.

I can make the noise occur on cue. If I accelerate the ticking stops, if I brake or remove my foot from the gas pedal it starts again. The backward/forward motion of the Mo causes the noise to start and stop.

Go figure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I dont know if anyone else is getting this, but the top strip of plastic on my Bose cd player, right above where you insert the disc, tends to make a very annoying vibrating sound on accelleration. Has anyone had this? What'd you do to stop it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
my pillars are rattling too.
just the right side though..
i find it only rattles in cold temp.
i gotta try using your idea with the foam gonzo.

wonder what makes it rattle?

·
Registered
15 Posts
dalsox said:
I dont know if anyone else is getting this, but the top strip of plastic on my Bose cd player, right above where you insert the disc, tends to make a very annoying vibrating sound on accelleration. Has anyone had this? What'd you do to stop it?
Yes, I've had a vibration somewhere in the Bose system since day one. If I press against it or hold open the cassette door it stops, but I can't drive that way. It occurs when a CD or cassette are playing. When it doesn't happen, I can enjoy the window ticking or the rattle behind the right rear seat! :D

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Windshield

·
5,244 Posts
ye, like:

trunk v. boot

bonnet v. hood

windshield v. windscreen

and on and on and on……….and it is all “English”. Which one is the proper one?

:D

·
4,994 Posts
Color vs Colour

Check vs Cheque

Bar vs Pub

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yo! Yous guys can talk anyways yous wants.

A Jersey guy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is your solution still working? I'm noticing a similar tick tick from both driver and passanger sides right along the seem where the A pillar meets the dash. I can stop the tick by forcing the interface apart by jamming by finger along the seem where they meet. Is there some kind of thin felt like material you can slip between the two faces to stop them from rubbing and thus ticking??

Thanks

·
5,244 Posts
GripperDon said:
Color vs Colour

Check vs Cheque

Bar vs Pub
I like the last one!!!!:7:

·
4,994 Posts
Maybe I should change my guess as to native language. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
A pillar tics and rattles Solved

Like many of you, the frustration of tics from the A pillar/dash area drove me to find a solution. With my MO the procedure I’m to describe worked perfectly. The orchestral ensemble of tics and rattles emanating from both driver and passenger side A pillar regions have been muted. I noticed that the source of the noise, at least in my case, was coming from two separate areas located at each driver/pass A pillar/dash junctions.
The first was simply from the point of contact where the A pillar meets the dash. The second source of sound was coming from the contact point between the underside of the dash along the full width of the windshield where the dash meets the metal support ledge beneath (which also runs the full width of the windshield). The process involved removing the two A pillars and covering all the suspected noisy contact points with adhesive felt available from craft stores (the A pillars are removed by simply tugging at the top of the A pillar where it meets the felted roof trim). The second part of the solution involved jamming non-adhesive felt strips between the steel support shelf and the base of the dash edge running the width of the windshield. Unfortunately, without completely removing the dash you can only access a small section of the ledge/shelf at either side, but this is enough to do the trick as it raises the rest of the dash slightly away from the ledge thus eliminating all the loose contact.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
The felted portions are not visible when the A pillars are reinstalled. Nissan has a small strip of thin felt along stuck to the dash side but its completely inadequate.

The second region lies just below the windshield dash junction beside the A pillar. When the A pillars are removed you can check from supplemetary tics from the dash/ledge junction by jerking the dash forwards and back by grasping the corner of the dash at the door areas. Mine made tons of noise

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts