Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a Non Bose system, do me a favour and answer this, if you know...

Does Nissan offer you the external 6 disk changer as an accessory?

And if so, (I'll be surprised to get the answer on this) can you also get Sat radio installed?

Why do I ask? Well N-bus, the system that these devices uses, will support two devices. If you can get the external changer AND sat at the same time, then you can likely support two other devices, such as sat and the pac audio adapter (with a connector change) or the changer and the pac, or sat and a Phatnoise box, etc.

So you may have an advantage over the Bose system. Because it's missing the parts to support the second N-bus device, but it appears the software is there, and the circuit boards are certainly there to support it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Non Bose man here:

I don't know about any CD changer option. I do however have a SAT button on my radio. When I press it, it reads "NO SAT".

I've wondered before if I could install the SAT, but I didn't want to be the "test dummy" and spend the loot and then be unable to hook it up.

All of the info, including your stellar page Jaak, just feature the SAT installs on the Bose.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You would be no test dummy Mr3, I installed Sirius in my non-bose 03, no problems at all. There certainly are cd-changer control buttons on my head unit, but I have no idea how I might tap into that...

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, if they put in the parts, there's a double harness kit that allows you to plug in the CD changer on that unused connector on the Sat receiver.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts