Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me this one the other day, and it makes good sense.

When you program your home location into your nav, use a different name. If your car is stolen while you are out, the thieves will know exactly where you live, and that you are NOT currently there.

If you live in an apartment block, you are probably safe. :D

Happy MOing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Makes sense but there are a few flaws in that theory. First, most people program their home first. Second, your insurance and registration in the glove box will have your home address on it already. Now they have a built in mapquest to your home in the dash.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good points. My car is leased by my company so the paper document side of it doesn't apply.

In the UK you are not required to carry your paperwork or even your license. If the police want to see them, you can nominate a convenient police sation and produce them there within 7 days.

·
Registered
38 Posts
another point is that if they are stealing your vehicle, chances are that you are not home, and possibly no-one else is. If they know where home is ...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Interesting idea, but the alternator would fail before they got to my house. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
haha

something else I thought of is if your vehicle is skulking around your house or parked infront of it, people would be less likely to suspect something is afoul if they see it, unless they are familiar enough with your schedule to know you aren't supposed to be at home at that time (work, etc)

just rambling now though.. im sure most people have some form of identification sitting in their glovebox for legal reasons, NAV or not...

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I don't keep my papers in my car, I carry them with me.

Can't you just enter your address if you ever need to get home, and not store it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts