Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is 2.5 L FWD the sw mark POWER, A/T, SNOW. on the powere position I found it gave more power and it seems like better gas millage than A/T. What is this switch have to do with the car?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
infinity-

I am guessing that it is a two-position switch. The POWER setting enables the transmission to run in the normal mode. The SNOW setting will cause the transmission to start in a "higher" gear, which limits torque to the driving wheels to prevent wheel-spin on slippery surfaces. The center marking (A/T) is simply the name of the switch (Automatic Transmission).

I noticed your car has the fold-back function for the mirrors. I wish US-Muranos had that feature.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
O.K. I now revise my original statement...

The POWER setting causes the transmission to hold a gear slightly longer and shifts to the next gear at a higher rev, presumably to keep the engine in the "sweet spot" of the power band. It may also instruct the tranny to shift gears faster.

The A/T setting enables the transmission to run in the normal mode.

The SNOW setting will cause the transmission to start in a "higher" gear, which limits torque to the driving wheels to prevent wheel-spin on slippery surfaces. The car will start out in second gear instead if first.

I think I got it this time.

-njjoe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts