Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a wiki for the MO? Anyone intersted in one?

I started one for DCC (Digital Command Control) for model railroading at DCCWiki.com if anyone wants to see what it is.

In short, it's a website that anyone can edit, add text/pictures, links to other pages, categories, etc. For example, someone could write up a page on the audio system of the MO which includes some information. However, someone can come along and update it with additional information, etc. Eventually, this page would contain everything one would want to know about installing an AMP using the OEM-1 adapter, or replacing speakers, etc. This is just one example - obviously there would be many other pages on other topics. It would be a great way to capture alot of great information about the murano and how to modify some of it. It makes it easier for someone reading since all the information would be in once place, instead of scattered all around the forums. THe forums are great for discussing ways to do things, but once something is figured out, would be nice to put it on a "reference" page.

Personally, I would find it very helpful to have a Wiki where people can post, and read, about doing various MODs to their MOs.

Of course, the largest Wiki is Wikipedia.org Check it out if you haven't.

-Mitch

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Warmy-

How does that differ from this forum?

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
njjoe said:
Warmy-

How does that differ from this forum?

-njjoe
A major difference is that on tis board we can edit only our own posts. On WIKI anybody can do it.....

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's your pick! Make yourself @ home.

Do google search and see for yourself.
This MO stable is the best out there~

People here are not just helpful, but professional as well.
Not to mention, very fun to hang around.

Should you choose to stay w/your stallion MO, you are more than welcome.
Make sure to pay the bouncer at the door. :31:
Enjoy~

NZM

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's not a forum replacement

A Wiki does not replace a forum. A forum is great for sharing ideas, sharing information, etc. The idea of the Wiki would be to create an "archive" of howto's, etc. Instead of starting a thread of a "howto" with multiple posts with updates, you simply update a single wiki page with the most up to date information. For example, if someone does something (IE: replace the amp), and then does a write up on the thread. Then, later makes a change for the better, or finds a better way to do it, instead of posting yet another post to a thread, that person simply updates the wiki.

In this manor, someone doesn't have to read the whole thread for updates or better ways to do something. They simply read an updated webpage wit all the information in one spot.

I would not start a competing website. I don't want to. I have no intentions to split up an a great community, I'm just looking for ideas to help share the information here. The website coud be wiki.nissanmurano.org. If the owner here doesn't want to do a wiki, but is will to point wiki.nissanmurano.org to another hosting provider, i'm willing to install a wiki like i did for wiki.dccforall.com. :)

The cool part of a wiki is that it you can have user pages with userboxes. Check out my userboxes on this wiki site to see what i mean. http://wiki.dccforall.com/User:TazzyTazzy

It's kind of like a signature in a forum. You could list how your modified you MO with a link to the Wiki page on how to do it your MO. I think that would be really slick.

Just something to think about.

-Mitch

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wiki or winky...it does not matter.
Woncha set em up, I want to see how it goes. *-)

NZM

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
we have a wiki at work for the IT support team. One of the developers came up with it. She also came up with an evil list serve (what I call a spam server) IMHO, forums kick-azz.

support still goes to the \\~\client folder to get info on registry hacks and support how-to's.

Wiki could be cool, but for the average bear, a list of subjects on the very front page is elegant enough in its simplicity. Not to mention the search function.....
;)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I like the idea of adding to this board, but not replacing, a wiki. It would actually help prevent "dead" threads or those with very good information which are buried deep and one may not be able to find it because it does not have the right "keyword".

Regarding NIZMO's comment, "People here are not just helpful, but professional as well. Not to mention, very fun to hang around.", you simply took the words right put of my mouth....:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Started...

I started a basic wiki at:
http://www.editthis.info/murano/Main_Page

Check it out. It's free, but they put Google Ads at the bottom to pay for it. If you use FireFox, you don't see the ads.

Anyways, i just created a couple pages. Check out. Make changes, add some pages, play around. All changes can be reverted, so don't worry about breaking something.

The wiki can have pictures to make life easier. See my other wiki at http://dccwiki.com/ to see what it could turn into. Or... the master of all wikis: wikipedia. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts