Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
I am wearing watch all the time but I do not think you can do something like this with it. What a stupid a$$h00les, I feel you pain. Somebody must do this on purpose or may be just put the tools in the handle pocket and drive around. Go to the dealer and do this :twak: or :xnuts: and dont forget theis :headslap:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Sorry about the damage. After this is resolved I would not got back there again, I would call Nissan NA, I would write a letter to the dealership owner and I woud the same letter to the service manager.

The letters do not need to be mean or foul just plain an simple what happened and how you are completely unsatisfied with this sort of thing and you will not be bring your car back to them for anything, parts, service etc.

Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought I was the only one with damage after a repair. Two times I've had my seat replaced and two times I had damage to the drivers side tower and the "Murano" name plate at the bottom of the door opening. The first time they didn't have the parts in stock so to calm me down they took them off a Murano on the lot. This time I have to wait for new parts because this time they also dinged up the speaker grill!! All this from taking the seat in and out. What the eff??!! My service advisor is the best, Eric Howard, and he agreed with the sh..y workmanship. I don't understand these guys in service. They know they damaged the car but they bring out the car to you hoping you won't notice??!!:3: :mad: :cursin:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Damage in any case is unacceptable. Our vehicles should be returned in better condition then we left them. I'd ask to speak to the owner of the dealership or find out how to get in touch with him/her and send a detailed note with documented pictures of the damage.

Short of that, I'd go in and raise hell in the showroom while there's a load of prospective customers there. Last time I was in for repair, a lady was having a heated conversation with a service advisor. After she went in to the lounge area, I politely asked her what was going on. Sometimes public outrage works and sometimes it doesn't. But we shared some horror stories and I got some valuable info!

My experience has been, fix one - break two at most dealerships, unfortunately.

Maybe Eric resurrected his long gone kinsmen: Moe, Shemp and Curly Howard as service techs!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Don't feel too bad. A long time ago I had a Mazda. I picked up the car after hours after they adjusted the valves. I'm always in the habbit that after a service to open the hood and look around (I've found radiator caps off, screw drivers etc. another story for another time).

So this time when I opened the hood I found that the belts which I had them replace were put on twisted! The shop was closed so I had to go home get tools and fix it myself.

As I was driving home I'm smelling smoke I pull over and find that smoke is coming from the engine valve cover, which they didn't seal correctly. Had that fixed and then a few days latter driving on the highway my car over heats... belts broke to the water pump. I believe it was a result from the twisted belts.

At any rate I never went back to that dealership (yes I said dealership.)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Thats absolutely terrible. I had rattling windows and when the dealer "tightened the window regulator and greased the rails." Except they kind of half assembled the door back, the interior panel was sticking up at least 1/2" higher than the one on the drivers side, which was not worked on. I took the door apart and put it back together myself.

Why would the dealer be touching the rear door anyways? :confused:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yikes!
How could that type of damage occur and nobody knows how it happened?
Did you at least find out how those pit marks were made?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Oh I see now its the drivers door trim that was damaged.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts