Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a police procession starting to line up today to honor a fallen peace officer here in Ft. Lauderdale today. As if that weren't bad enough and fascinating to watch, about 15th in line was a white MO and a Blue Mo with the little blue light just a flashin' in the windshield!! It's just not fair play when they use something so "non-police like" and don't mark it somehow.

·
Registered
844 Posts
midnitexpress said:
There was a police procession starting to line up today to honor a fallen peace officer here in Ft. Lauderdale today. As if that weren't bad enough and fascinating to watch, about 15th in line was a white MO and a Blue Mo with the little blue light just a flashin' in the windshield!! It's just not fair play when they use something so "non-police like" and don't mark it somehow.
It would be nice to know if this is a new Police ghost car. Usually they soup them up so that they are excellent chase cars on the highway.

Any way you could find out if they modified it?

P.S. Sorry to here that a police officer has fallen in the line of duty. My son is presently in college getting a degree in Justice studies so that he can become a police officer.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was nothing visible from the outside except for the blue light. They are probably drug seizures, considering the area, and they'll drive 'em until they can't.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Mo Police Cruiser

My small town here in Florida has a Murano that is actually marked with the Longwood Police Dept. Logo. I had forgotten about it until midnitexpress mentioned it. The Murano they use is a midnight blue one like mine. I often see it parked at my daughter's High School.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I dont think they soup it up and mod the engine because

they risk blowing the cvt on such big horsepower.

Saying that, perhaps it is just the image of driving some futuristic design automobile as police car during parades, show-of-force, booth exhibitions and not for chase car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually they use them for highway patrol spotters. These officers cruise the highways looking for scoflaws, ragers' and DUI's and call the Highway patrol and help with the violators. I don't think they have radar on board, but then we have the 'cycle cops for that job.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
They don't do as many "high Speed" chases as they used to, and that, as Martha would say, is a good thing.

My sister was killed in 1977, when the Miami Mounted Cowboys.....er, I mean the police, decided to chase a drug dealer on Biscayne Blvd at speeds in excess of 100 mph.
The bad guy lost control and hit my sister head on. She was going home from work.
Their attitude was "Too bad".
Her name was Kelly James.
You can look it up.

My attitude toward police who participate in High Speed chases is rather straight forward.

I think they are maggots.
I think they are worse than drunk drivers.
I would gladly gut them with a machete.
They are murderers about to happen.

I get a little emotional about it.

Homer

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW...

I've always thought that police chases were born from Hollywood anyway. There is no reason for 99% of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts