Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good day guys.

I will like to know,if its a problem to drive 2006 murano on manual shift instead of driving it on automatic.
Will it damage the cvt gearbox?

Thanks

Kino

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
Not too sure that CVT's are really meant to be driven in manual mode full time. I do know that you will most definitely be getting lower MPG in manual mode as opposed to just letting the CVT do it's thing.

The only time I've used manual mode is when stuck in snow and holding down the speed on a long downhill run.

I myself wouldn't run in manual mode, others might have some ideas about it.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too sure that CVT's are really meant to be driven in manual mode full time. I do know that you will most definitely be getting lower MPG in manual mode as opposed to just letting the CVT do it's thing.

The only time I've used manual mode is when stuck in snow and holding down the speed on a long downhill run.

I myself wouldn't run in manual mode, others might have some ideas about it.

Have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
8,360 Posts
I'm on the fence about that, but I don't see the point in running in manual mode most of the time.

I use manual ratio selection short-term a lot in traffic to increase engine braking and reduce wear on the brakes, and as Paul notes, on downhills. Living next to the Rockies, we get some very long uphills and downhills to traverse and I see no point in repeatedly laying on the brakes when there's an engine braking option available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts