Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me what's the best route to run some wires from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment?
i really don't want to cut any rubber boots if i don't have to, unless there's no other way.
thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
the above link w/ picture is the best place to run something in to the cabin. You will need to slice the boot but its high and dry so you should be fine.

I did it and have no problems. I duct taped the 4G wire to a straightened metal coat hanger, pushed it from the outside in and pulled the coathanger through just behind and above the brake pedal.

it's only about 4-6 inches to snake it through but the coat hanger definitely made it easier.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I did it the same way. It's a pretty tight place to run it through, I doubt any water could get in. I haven't had any trouble in the year and a half since I did it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you all for replying. the pictures are hard to see exactly where the wires went through. i will look for a rubber boot spot around the master brake cylinder this weekend when i attend to install my laser jammer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts