Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was quoted with SL 2wd 2004 with touring pkg/sunroof deflector/carpet floor mat for $31,800 before tax and docs.. or 2003 SL 2wd with Premium/Leather/Sunroof/Cold PKG/sunroof deflector/carpet floor mat for $30,600... which one should I take?

·
Registered
18 Posts
take the 04,, several slight changes,

lumbar for back added to driver's seat,
04 manual states that you can run regular gas,
the cvt protection cover under the car is smaller and made of plastic, fixed the rattles in the doors that many have reported.
the car is now SAT prewired ready.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Mostly right.

03s have Lumbar for back, but it is manual. 04 is power.
You can run 03 on regular. But no matter which model, it will cost you on MPG and performance.

Homer

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I vote for the 03 but I would tell them no deal at those numbers. $30,600 and no AWD? For an 03? I'll bet you can get at least 2K off that number. Good luck either way. :jester:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MVTCFP- yeah I wish I can take extra 2k off on 03, but like someone post at the freshalloy forum, its hard to get under invoice price here at DFW, TX area...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't feel bad. Its hard to get under invoice anywhere.
Pay a price like $400 or so over invoice or whatever you are happy with and be happy.

NEVER compare to someone else and the deal they got. You never know why they got it (dealer knew it had some issues, mileage, plethora of reasons)
Use KBB.com to get the invoice price and go from there.
Than be happy and enjoy it. NEVER regret cause you didn't get a deal soandgo may or may not have gotten.
Some dealers are almost forced to get rid of them also, if they have too many and need to get rid of them to get some 04's in. Or just to reduce their overall inventory. Who knows....

And don't ever "take'. Buy EXACTLY what you want, including color, interior/exterior, addon packages, ect.
Like my wife and I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE CAFE LATTE INTERIOR it is four different colors. The center console being brushed aluminum and black looks totally out of place with the light interior in OUR OPINION. And if you have seen a Charcoal leather interior you would see why we picked it. It just looks so much nicer, cleaner, sportier, and overall just a hell of a lot nicer.
So we waited and waited and even turned down some killer deals on ones with latte interiors to get what we wanted.
DON'T EVER SETTLE. YOU WILL REGRET IT. Especially paying around $600 a month or more for it.

Thats my way of looking at it,
Chez

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Oh migod.
I didn't realize how ugly my car was.
I'm sorry.
I didn't mean to offend you with this POS.
I'll try to sell it as quickly as possible.

Homer

GAWD, it's ugly. Thanks for pointing that out!

·
Registered
139 Posts
HEY HOMMERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I didn't mean it llike that. Some people love it. It was just a PERSONAL choice with me and my wife. We really didn't like it. I was just sharing that.
Have you seen the Cabernet? That is slightly off kilter of a color.

The Latte isn't that bad. Actually it isn't bad at all. It just wasn't what we wanted and didn't fit our personal choice of colors that we were looking for.
I also must add that we just came out of a fully loaded 4runner with tan leather interior and burled wood trim. Everything sort of matched. So for us it was kind of a shock, or just something so different from what we had that we really didn't like it. That was all.
I think that was the main issue, was coming out of the 4runner and being used to that color and styling that we loved so much, and then wanting the same exact thing cause we loved the 4runner so much.
Didn't mean to offend you or anyone else for that matter. Sorry, I reread that and it did sound a little on the a$$holish side. I definetely didn't mean it like that.
Sorry..........
Chez

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Ok.
But man, you have got to tone it down on these subjective personal things.

We are all of a same mind here with regards to Muranos.
There is no competition.
This isn't like Ford vs Chevy.
We are all on the same side.

"Have you seen the Cabernet? That is the worst."

Hmmmnnnn.
I hope we don't have anybody who bought a Cabernet......

Homer

·
Registered
792 Posts
Ahh - the beauty of buying a car and getting whatever color you want. There are some who don't care. There are others who want an EXACT color combo. It is all about personal tastes and favorite colors. I have my reasons for not liking particular color combos - but I'm not saying a word :twak:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Okay, okay, I take it allllllllllllllll back. I just had a different idea of the interior color options they would have when I went from my 4runner to the MO, with the outside being so nice and hip.

I love all MO's and colors:1:

Chez

The truth is, who cares what I think, I am not the one driving the ones with the other color interiors. I am just one little pion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts