Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is the lights that are illuminated on my 2012 Murano SL AWD.

They seem to first come on after I had used the emergency brake once. They came briefly and then the next time I turned the car off and back on they stopped. They have since come on and will not go off. I have pulled the codes listed below, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Font Terrestrial plant Darkness Electric blue Monochrome photography

ted.
Speedometer Car Vehicle Gauge Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
1,407 Posts
Voltage issue.

Either your battery is going, or the alternator is not charging any more. Corrosion issue with one of the battery or engine ground cables, causing excessive resistance, could be another cause.

The other codes are a result of low voltage.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The battery voltage at rest 12.3 volts, vehicle running 14.3 volts fully loaded.

Is there some other location that I should check the voltage

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,407 Posts
Those voltages are good.

Check wiring going to the ABS unit. Seem to be the root error.

Check brake fluid level. When was the last time the brake fluid was flushed?

Old brake fluid collects moisture, which can cause an internal rusting issue of the braking system. Your ABS unit maybe suffering from this issue. The only way to find out is to have a brake flush done and observe what comes out. If really dirty with particles, and the problem persists after the flush, you'll need to have the ABS unit tested to make sure the pistons inside for each wheel moves freely.

Good luck.

Have a good day

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I will take a look at the wiring. I did not see any specific issues in my first look. The brakes were all replaced just before I purchased the car, I don't know if they flushed the fluid or not.

Thanks

Clark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went back and looked at some of my diagnostic reports on my reader and at one point in time it showed voltage less than 12 volts, 11.87. Is there a particular location that I could check that in the system to see if that could be the problem.

Thanks again
Clark

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I went back and looked at some of my diagnostic reports on my reader and at one point in time it showed voltage less than 12 volts, 11.87. Is there a particular location that I could check that in the system to see if that could be the problem.

Thanks again
Clark
I know you checked voltages at the battery terminals and they looked normal, but I would still suggest bringing the car to your local auto parts store and have them test both the battery and charging system.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the battery and charging system checked. They were on the weak end of the scale. Its interesting that once they ran the test, all the warning lights went off, so it seems like it is the voltage issue.

Looking at potentially changing the alternator out soon.

Thanks for ll the good feedback

1 - 8 of 8 Posts