Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group:

i replaced the battery in my 2009 Murano.

the abs / and vdc lights are on and wont go off with dash switch

Their are 4 ABS codes c1144,C1160,c1161 and c1162 ( will not erase)

Thoughts?

thanks

·
Registered
624 Posts
You said the codes would not erase--did you mean with the scan tool? Some generic scan tools don't work well with ABS modules. Assuming that there were no problems with the brake system prior to changing the battery, I would suggest disconnecting the negative battery cable for a couple of hours to clear the codes and reconnect and see if that does the trick. Also, make sure the battery connections are tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FOLKS:

Thanks for replies.

I topped off brake fluid but it had no effect.

I had previously ( week earlier ) changed brake pads and new starter and everything was ok . ( no codes) no abs / vdc lights
I had driven car for a week and decided to change battery .
After battery change i immediately got ABS codes and VDC lights and 4 trouble codes for abs.
I disconnected negative lead for several hours on battery with no improvement.
seems i have an electrical problem like i have moved a connector or pulled a main wire somewhere to generate so many codes.

thoughts?

thanks .

·
Registered
624 Posts
C1144 NISSAN - Steering Angle Sensor Signal

Possible causes Steering Angle Sensor harness is open or shorted Steering Angle Sensor circuit poor electrical connection Faulty Steering Angle Sensor

C1160 NISSAN - Decel G Sensor Set

Possible causes Faulty Yaw Rate/Side/Decel G Sensor Yaw Rate/Side/Decel G Sensor harness is open or shorted Yaw Rate/Side/Decel G Sensor circuit poor electrical connection Faulty (ABS) Module

C1161 NISSAN - Side G Sensor Set

Possible causes Faulty Yaw Rate/Side/Decel G Sensor Yaw Rate/Side/Decel G Sensor harness is open or shorted Yaw Rate/Side/Decel G Sensor circuit poor electrical connection Faulty (ABS) Module

C1162 NISSAN - Incomplete Pressure Sensor Calibration

Possible causes Faulty ABS Actuator and Electric Unit ABS Actuator and Electric Unit harness is open or shorted ABS Actuator and Electric Unit circuit poor electrical connection
----------------------------------------------------------------

The common thread between all those codes appears to be the ABS actuator. Since you drove the car a week after the brake job without problems, presumably it was something that happened when the battery was installed. Check the fuse box as there should be at least one fuse for the ABS system and inspect it/them. Maybe (hopefully) it was just some sort of surge that blew a fuse.

On a side note, did you do anything with the ABS actuator or did you flush the brake system when you changed the pads? If so, did you disconnect the ABS actuator or disconnect the negative battery cable? You may also want to take a look at everything you touched when you changed the starter.

Also, I see that there is a TSB for 2009 Muranos pertaining to those codes (NTB-10-113), but I can't seem to find the text. They do reference ABS and electrical system in the summaries.

2009 Nissan Murano ABS Warning Light Technical Service Bulletins

TSB Number:
NTB-10-113
NHTSA Number:
TSB Date:
September 27, 2010
Date Added to File:
January 21, 2011
Failing Component:
Service Brakes, Hydraulic:Antilock:Abs Warning Light
Summary:
Nissan: abs/vdc light on with DTC C1161/C1162. Applies to vehicles with awd only.

Hope you find the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Group

Thanks for the good advice . i will check the Abs actuator and associated wiring.

I did not flush brakes or anything of that nature before this happened.

I will also start looking for a electrical schematic for this Murano 2009.

thanks again

·
Registered
624 Posts
The service manual for the 2009 Murano can be found on the nicoclub website (sorry, I don't have enough posts to provide a link but you can easily find it with Google).

"BRC" covers the brake control system and there are wiring diagrams in it.

2youngtoretire, I love that pic!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Group

Thanks for the good advice . i will check the Abs actuator and associated wiring.

I did not flush brakes or anything of that nature before this happened.

I will also start looking for a electrical schematic for this Murano 2009.

thanks again
Hi I have exactly the same issue at the moment did you find a fix in the end? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts