Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see if anybody else is having this issue with the AC in the MO....As far as temperture it works fine...nice and cold...But every time the compressor cycles I can hear all the vents opening and closing...It is pretty loud...I can hear while I am driving with the radio on...Anybody else have the same issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
milgrad

I can also hear the vents cycling in my Mo. The one thing I did not notice before buying the Murano was how extremely loud the blowers/vents are on high setting. We cannot carry on a conversation in the Murano with the A/C on the Higher settings. Now that Summer is here it is usually on Auto setting at @72 degrees most of the time due to the extreme heat outside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The noise I hear almost sounds like darthvader....It is a whooshing noise...VERY VERY annoying...I can hear it all fan speeds and it seems to get louder as a drive...Is that same thing that you have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anybody have any issues with the AC?? Any noises? WHen the compressor cycle's do you hear the valves opening and closing and a whoosing noise of liquid?? I had to the dealer last week and they said it was not normal and replaced the expansion valve, but that didn't seem to do anything...Any advice, suggestions would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,092 Posts
Re: milgrad

pcs15394 said:
I can also hear the vents cycling in my Mo. The one thing I did not notice before buying the Murano was how extremely loud the blowers/vents are on high setting. We cannot carry on a conversation in the Murano with the A/C on the Higher settings. Now that Summer is here it is usually on Auto setting at @72 degrees most of the time due to the extreme heat outside.
If you want to make the fan a little bit quieter turn off the recirc mode. When the air is circulated the system in the MO (and other cars) is louder. This is normal.

As for the noise I don't hear any valves opening and closing when its operating..... in fact after the fan slows a bit I find the system fairly quiet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
I too can hear the air control doors opening and closing (an electric servo sound). The AC cycling on and off sounds like any other car I've driven, its the click of the magnetic clutch on the compressor. And yes, the Murano has a noisy fan esp when you first start up the car and the AC goes to full blast.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
milgrad said:
The noise I hear almost sounds like darthvader....It is a whooshing noise...VERY VERY annoying...I can hear it all fan speeds and it seems to get louder as a drive...Is that same thing that you have?
That doesn't sound typical...:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think it is right either...The noise I am getting is like a liquid slushing behind the glove box area...I had it at the dealer today and the service manager didn't think it was normal, but didn't know what it was..I sat in a few other MO's and they did not do it....It is very frustrating..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I had a whirring sound when my a/c was cranked all the way down to 60 on Auto. It was audible over the stereo system. I took it to the dealership, and they ended up having to take the entire dash out, to get to some cover up near the windshield, that was apparently loose. Whatever they did, it fixed the noise. They damaged the dash in the process, however, and I had to make them replace the air bag cover and stainless steel around the gear shifter.
 

·
NO-MO-SNOW
Joined
·
902 Posts
milgrad said:
I don't think it is right either...The noise I am getting is like a liquid slushing behind the glove box area...I had it at the dealer today and the service manager didn't think it was normal, but didn't know what it was..I sat in a few other MO's and they did not do it....It is very frustrating..
I started to experience this too but only after I took my car to the dealer last week! :mad:

Not only that but my gas tank lid strap was broken off when I filled it up to get gas as well...there was no reason for them to be opening the gas tank...needless to say, I'm kind of pissed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
A liquid sloshing sound behind the glovebox is probably the heater core. It could be entirely normal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I've had a similar issue -- a few weeks after I bought the Murano (in late July), the filter and whatever is in the white plastic assembly below it have rattled whenever I accelerate -- even at low speeds. I've taken it to the dealer twice and they haven't been able to fix it correctly either time. Any idea what it might be? Thanks for your help!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top