Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At one point when I turned on the AC, there was a strange noise, I could feel the dash vibrate, the bad noise went away, but its still louder than it should be, when I first turn it on, there is a bad smell coming out, any help would be great

2017 Murano S

·
Registered
194 Posts
What does it smell like?

Check your cabin air filter. There may be a rodent nest in there...

·
Registered
17 Posts
True story...previous Mo, a 09, made a similar shaking sound and bad smell. Found a dead mouse inside the fan housing. Couldn’t get the smell to go away. Finally sprayed a diluted bleach solution inside the fan housing. That worked!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Noise is possibly a leaf got in there. I've had that happen in the past. My in cabin air filter got a small hole in it and one of those really tiny leaves fell in and was rattling in the front window defrost vent. (the ones we used to pickup as kids and let them fall down like helicopters... I hope I'm not alone on this one)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Im more concerned sbout the noise
Knowing what it smells like may help us troubleshoot the cause of the problem... I mentioned checking your cabin air filter for a rodent nest because sometimes they chew through the filter, and the filter sits about the ventilation fan so stuff the rodent carried in could be making the noise...

See attached photo from my 2003.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
My cabin air filter was so dirty it made the a/c smell like rotten eggs. Couldn't replace it fast enough once it started doing that. And yes I agree... pain in the a$$ to get it out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Its much easier if you remove globe box, there are a lot vids on youtube.
After you do it with glove box remover you will get an idea how and where its located. Next time you should be able to do it with box on.
But agreed its PITA and should be much easier designed, but if all designed to be easy how dealers can make profits ? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
dand.
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing