Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
well tried different filter and same thing....the filter fits in bottom housing good but when I go to put top on and clip it its way out.. the top pc just doesn't sit on it right ..so freaking weird...I was able to push it down really hard and kinda get it to line up best I can..it seems the housing it warped or something..but it looks better now...its like the filter is too fat I have to squish it down pretty hard to get the top to close....
gonzo64, you can post a picture of what you're seeing, but I suspect you mean that when the top of the airbox is fastened with the clips, you can still see the rubber gasket of the air filter (i.e. the top and bottom of the airbox don't completely interlock together). If this is the case, then it's fine. I use FRAM air filters and I can sometimes see a thin strip of orange rubber on the side after the air filter is installed because the gasket is a little thick. Just make sure the air filter is seated well and that the 3 plastic tabs on the back of the top part of the airbox go into the 3 holes in the back of the bottom of the airbox and the fasteners are secure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I know right...its like I have to trim it down or something...I got it down to fit, .. but there still a little gap all around..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
gonzo64, you can post a picture of what you're seeing, but I suspect you mean that when the top of the airbox is fastened with the clips, you can still see the rubber gasket of the air filter (i.e. the top and bottom of the airbox don't completely interlock together). If this is the case, then it's fine. I use FRAM air filters and I can sometimes see a thin strip of orange rubber on the side after the air filter is installed because the gasket is a little thick. Just make sure the air filter is seated well and that the 3 plastic tabs on the back of the top part of the airbox go into the 3 holes in the back of the bottom of the airbox and the fasteners are secure.
you hit this right on the head...it exactly what I got now ...its better than it was cause nothing was lined up..there was a huge gap but now its like you said..so thanks for the info...I think im all good...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts