Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 09' Niss Murano...in relatively great shape. 168,000 mi. An acceleration issues has been surfaces though. When driving and pressing the gas between 1000-1500 rpm the vehicle seems to hesitate or not pick up momentum, and then after several seconds of this it will break through and acceleration will kick in. I feel like it happens more on inclines but my wife suggests that it happens routinely. Regular maintenance has been completed on the vehicle, we've never towed anything, we only use a bike rack 2 or 3 times a year and I'm hoping it's something I may be able to tackle myself. Any help would be great.

·
Shift|Live
194 Posts
We have a 09' Niss Murano...in relatively great shape. 168,000 mi. An acceleration issues has been surfaces though. When driving and pressing the gas between 1000-1500 rpm the vehicle seems to hesitate or not pick up momentum, and then after several seconds of this it will break through and acceleration will kick in. I feel like it happens more on inclines but my wife suggests that it happens routinely. Regular maintenance has been completed on the vehicle, we've never towed anything, we only use a bike rack 2 or 3 times a year and I'm hoping it's something I may be able to tackle myself. Any help would be great.
first think i'd check is the crankshaft sensor. A crankshaft sensor is responsible for monitoring the rotation of the crankshaft. If the sensor is awry it will send the wrong information into your car’s on-board computer, resulting in the inability of your engine operating system to sync the engine pistons together. This causes poor acceleration and makes your car fail to maintain constant speed

but at 168k, i'd just buy a new set of 3 sensors (1 crankshaft position sensor and 2 camshaft position sensors) and replace them all. my bet is that your problem will go away. my cousin is a mechanic and recommends OEM.. but if you don't want to drop $250-300 on these sensors, you can buy Delphi. which is a pretty good brand i hear. i'm personally researching refurbished OEM sensors. haven't done enough research to recommend them yet, but you can take a gamble on a set of refurbs also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts