Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I need to hardwire my radar detector to accessory power. I would like to avoid puliing from the fuse box and running up the pillar. Does anyone have any info on where to locate this in the roof? I have a sunroof and I would guess that one of those wires is hot only when car is on. Just wondering before I go exploring with a multimeter.

05 AWD SL with Touring Package.

Thanks,

njmo

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
njmo

I mounted my XM Roady just outside the Sun roof control area. If you pop off the map light , sun roof plate there is plenty of power wires there. I took a voltmeter and tested which ones were hot with the switch on to power the XM. You can easily stuff power leads between the headliner to Mo roof space and down out by the rear view mirror for your Detector mount. Some of the leads are hot all the time like the map lights and other only with switch on.

GRIP :D

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can someone please post detailed instructions for popping off the sunroof control panel/map light panel?

thanks!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Step 1: get crowbar

just kidding. :) Maybe someone with the service manual can post instructions... if all else fails, you can buy the service manual.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do this

The map light panel actualluy tilts torwards the rear of the car when you remove it.

Pull down from the front side closest to the windshield and it wil snap out and tilt back. It is in pretty snug.

I experimented with a few wires up there but ended up grabbing accessory power from the fuse box and tucking the wire behind the rubber gasket in the door frame.

njmo

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to help!!!

:)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Do this

njmo said:
The map light panel actualluy tilts torwards the rear of the car when you remove it.

Pull down from the front side closest to the windshield and it wil snap out and tilt back. It is in pretty snug.

I experimented with a few wires up there but ended up grabbing accessory power from the fuse box and tucking the wire behind the rubber gasket in the door frame.

njmo
As njmo said, the light housing has clips on the side closer to the windshield and has hooks on the side closer to the seats. So you must pull down on the side closer to the windshield to release the clips. You may also find that it is easier to pop the light lenses first (I just use a screw driver but if you want use a plastic knife). Then pull the rear inner housing clips right out. Make sure you mark the lenses right and left as they are not interchangable.

I did it this way because it makes it easier to put it back since I can see where the clips are so I can align them and snap them in place. Light covers also snap right in.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
When I installed mind I tapped into the wires behind the driver's side A pillar... I have my detector mounted above the driver's sun visor and the wires where well hidden tapping into that.

My detector saved my bacon 3 times on Sunday.... Geesh! At one trap there were 3 State Troopers... one with a gun pointed at each car (Ka band), the other dude woud walk out into the middle of the highway and POINT at the law breaking car to pull over. These guys are crazy but I guess when you wear a large hat and dark sun glasses you can do that. :cool:

Other radar installations

Some pictures of my install

1 - 9 of 9 Posts