Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the scene...

Mo is parked curbside on a busy little street. I patiently stand behind her waiting for a break in the traffic. The opening appears, I double push the open button on the fob and scoot to the drivers door. I lift the handle and..... nothing.

It's still locked.

I push the fob again and hear the doors unlock. Lift the handle.

Drivers door is still LOCKED.

All of the other doors and the hatch are unlocked.

I open the rear door and reach up and open the drivers door.

So....

I can unluck the door from the inside by lifting the lock thing.

I can unlock the door from the outside with a key.

I can fob the windows down and reach in and open the lock/door.

But I can't unlock the drivers door with the fob.

She's going in on Friday. The gas door is still screwing up, this'll be the 4th fix for that issue.

Anyone else have this particular lock issue?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I don't recall hearing about that... sounds like a bad lock solenoid. Can you lock and unlock the door using the power door lock button on the door itself?

Regarding the gas door 4x.... I read that the metal tab holding the door closed could be bent. Perhaps you might be doing something with the nozel to the tab when refueling?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gonzo said:
I don't recall hearing about that... sounds like a bad lock solenoid. Can you lock and unlock the door using the power door lock button on the door itself?

Regarding the gas door 4x.... I read that the metal tab holding the door closed could be bent.
Good question Gonzo.

I cannot lock or unlock the drivers door with the power door lock button.

Regarding the fuel door, the "tab" itself is fine. It's the little white plunger that goes into the tab.

The plunger will plunge, but it won't deplunge. i.e, it will move to the left, but not the right. It is easily visible when the gas flap is open.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Ah so it sounds like a major problem with all eletrical locks nothing do with the FOB. Well at least its reproducable, the dealer should be able to fix it in a jiffy. Keep up posted. Good like with the fuel door... again. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts