Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to access the back of the radio to connect the PAC-NIS without removing the vents and radio? I've looked at all the posts that detail removal of the radio and I'll go that route if necessary, but I was hoping that maybe the connections could be accessed by removing the glove compartment or removing the panels under the radio without removing the radio itself.

JeffC

·
4,601 Posts
Trust me, the way you see, is the easy way...

It's not as bad as it looks. The worst part is getting the vent section off, as you have to pull harder than you think you should. But it can be done.

I pull back AND down at the same time, from the top, and that dislodges it at the top and bottom.

Then pull the covers on the bottom, down, then it's four screws to pull out the radio.

Not really as tough as you think.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Make sure you cover the center consol with a lot of towels so when you drop something you will not dent the aluminum.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

I pulled the bottom covers and I can easily see the sockets at the back of the radio, so at this point I won't remove anything else.

According to what I have read here, the socket on the right (as you look as the back of the radio) is for the SAT receiver. I don't have SAT and there already is a connector in that socket. I read that the '05 MO is pre-wired for SAT. So, is that the connector for the unused wire loom?

I'm guessing that I just remove the right side plug and connect the PAC in its place. Also, plug the other PAC connector into the left socket and jumper that existing connector into the PAC. Yes/No??????

Thanks again.

JeffC

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
That is correct. The plugs will fit one way so there is no chance of connecting them wrong.

·
4,601 Posts
Make sure you disengage the latch and pull on the connector shell. Do not pull on the wires!!!

Twice I've heard of people pulling on the wires, pulling them out of the connector and then not only shorting things as they did it, but then they had to figure out where they went back in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice. The PAC is on order. I hope to have it installed by the end of the week. I can't wait to turn off the FM and put away the CD's.

JeffC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts