Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Just got new Murano assembled in Saint-Petersburg. Going to install dash cam and maybe some other parts using accessories socket. Can anybody help with its exact location - cause I can’t actually get if it exists in Russian version of the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It is right above your foot brake on the driver's side
If you take a flash light in there, you will see it on top.
You will either see it with the wires hanging, or an empty connector.

On the passenger side, you have to remove the glove compartment to see it.

Reactions: AleksMoscow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is right above your foot brake on the driver's side
If you take a flash light in there, you will see it on top.
You will either see it with the wires hanging, or an empty connector.

On the passenger side, you have to remove the glove compartment to see it.
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
Warning: The ASC (Accessory Service Connector) is only for low amperage devices, like LED sill lights and such. The maximum draw for the ASC is 10 amps. The only Nissan approved ASC accessory that I know of and that is not LED, is their shock sensor.

There is not enough power in the ASC to run cameras and such. To power those type of devises, I would suggest using a fuse tap at the fuse box to draw the power needed for each device.

Have a good day.

Reactions: AleksMoscow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Warning: The ASC (Accessory Service Connector) is only for low amperage devices, like LED sill lights and such. The maximum draw for the ASC is 10 amps. The only Nissan approved ASC accessory that I know of and that is not LED, is their shock sensor.

There is not enough power in the ASC to run cameras and such. To power those type of devises, I would suggest using a fuse tap at the fuse box to draw the power needed for each device.

Have a good day.
Thank you for your reply.
AFAIK, dashcam requires about 0.3-0.5 Amps. The reason I found it may be usefull to connect to ASC is that there are both 12V with ignition on and 12V directly from ACC supplies according to ASC scheme.
Anyway, in local (Russian) version it appears that there is no ASC... :confused:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
AFAIK, dashcam requires about 0.3-0.5 Amps. The reason I found it may be usefull to connect to ASC is that there are both 12V with ignition on and 12V directly from ACC supplies according to ASC scheme.
Anyway, in local (Russian) version it appears that there is no ASC... :confused:
I'm interested ASC connector for my dashcam too, it sounds interesting, I wasn't aware of it... I was going to tap into the fuse box, but it sounds neater to use something already in place.

Where in the service manual or elsewhere did you find some information on the ASC accessory connector?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Did you look with a flashlight, it is very high up there. For me to reach it, I have to lay down on my back with my hand fully extended.

@MuranoSL2003
It is not mentioned in the service manual, but here is the pinout. It should be fine for dashcam, LEDs and other simple mods.
I have almost all my mods connected to it.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Awesome Assad, thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Did you look with a flashlight, it is very high up there. For me to reach it, I have to lay down on my back with my hand fully extended.
Gonna try to find it one more time. Thank you!
I also examined the pinout above. Accessory Service Connector part number is 999Q9 AY001. Or t99f6-4ra0a - it's just the same thing but surprisingly costs 2 times less in Msk.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Gonna try to find it one more time. Thank you!
I also examined the pinout above. Accessory Service Connector part number is 999Q9 AY001. Or t99f6-4ra0a - it's just the same thing but surprisingly costs 2 times less in Msk.
Awesome @AleksMoscow!

That pigtail connector just what I was thinking I'd like to have for my dashcam installation. My VIOFO dashcam has a parking mode for recording, so I need to connect it to always on, the accessories on, plus ground for my install. So I think I need to connect to pins 2,11, and 12 if I have it right...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That's correct
But you need to be careful, as always on can drain your battery.
There are some power adapter they sell that can monitor your battery voltage in parking mode and will shut off power to the device when the battery voltage drops below a certain level, that's how I hook up mine.

Here is one:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Thank you for the confirmation on pins and the warning.

That's the VIOFO hardwire kit I have, thanks!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I just bought the VIOFO a129 pro dual, thanks to you :).
Never heard of that company before, and when I google it, I saw it was an affordable 4K front and back dashcam.
The parking mode was a big seller for me.

The other 4k ones with good parking mode were in the $500 range

The one I have now records both front and back, but the parking mode is so so, paid $89 a year ago.

My car was broken into about 2 years ago, and I failed to catch it on my dashcam. At that time, I only had a front parking mode camera; when I viewed it, I was able to hear the impact, but failed to see who did it. The guy probably came from the rear and broke into it. If I had a rear recording parking mode, I would have caught it. Repair cost me around $300, which is the price of the glass, which I repaired myself.

I also added a fake flashing led on my front dash to keep the thieves away, only flashes when the car if off.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've had my VIOFO A129 Duo for a year and a half now. It's worked great for me so far. Be sure to use a good SD card made for numerous overwrites, like the SanDisk High Endurance. I have been using a cheaper Samsung EVO Select without any problems, but I don't drive much and haven't wired mine yet for parking mode which overwrites a lot more, especially when using buffered mode with motion detection and G-Sensor triggered events. This allows you to see the 15 seconds of video before the event occurred, but that means a lot of overwriting, so you want a SD card meant for the task.

I monitor the Dashcamtalk forum, it's an excellent source for information: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/a129-pro.314/

I also recommend Dashcam Viewer. It's excellent for viewing your trip on a Google Maps, and for easily locating a place/event that you want review from your trip. The developer is quick to update the software for any format changes occur from a manufactures firmware update.

Enjoy your 4K version, I'm jealous!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Great info.
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had another try to find ASC. Even unscrewed glove box and filmed everything in order to review. No luck - our version seems to be simplified in this way. Thanks for all advisers , will find out another way to make cam works.
As for my camera I’m going to install this one: https://m.aliexpress.ru/item/32799519385.html
Had the same on X-Trail/Rogue 2018. Video quality is not too bad (not good for 2020 as well), but it is working in the stealth mode - that’s a great option for me.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
@AleksMoscow
I guess you can use the fuse box then, all of the required signals are there.
The ASC connector is only useful if you have many mods, and add on circuits.

@MuranoSL2003
Got my dashcam today.
The only thing I am concerned about is the parking mode draining your battery if you car sits for a long time, since now I am not driving a lot because of the lockdown.
My battery is at 14.2V, it is an Optoma.
So if I set the cutoff voltage to be 12.2V on the power adapter, not sure how long that would last. Will test it out and see.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
@MuranoSL2003
Got my dashcam today.
The only thing I am concerned about is the parking mode draining your battery if you car sits for a long time, since now I am not driving a lot because of the lockdown.
My battery is at 14.2V, it is an Optoma.
So if I set the cutoff voltage to be 12.2V on the power adapter, not sure how long that would last. Will test it out and see.
Are you sure it's 14.2 volts after sitting overnight? 14.2 volts sounds more like your alternator's charging output voltage...

I found this for Optima batteries:

How do you measure battery voltage?

I'd start it at the highest cutoff setting of 12.4 volts and work my way down and see what the results are (at your home ideally in case it drains too low...) Set it as highest cutoff voltage that gives you the best balance of the parking mode time you desire and leaves you with an ample reserve for frigid sub-zero cold weather starts...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
@MuranoSL2003
You are right...
My battery is at 12.6V, 14.1V is when driving.

I have a Voltage monitor that I placed on my dash to monitor the voltage, since I have 2 high powered amp, it is connected directly to the battery.
But I only look at it when driving, lol

I also bought one of these, just in case:

I guess the lowest battery drain would be parking mode low bit rate?

When I looked at it today, it read 12.6 with the car off, I have the optoma yellow top, it's been 4 years now.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
@MuranoSL2003
I guess the lowest battery drain would be parking mode low bit rate?
I think it draws the around same amount no matter the bit rate for the most part...

I think the advantage of low bit rate mode is that you can store more video before it begins to overwrite the oldest video...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts