Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice Gripper Don and a few others were tossing around the idea of acoustic padding for the MO in some other threads. I'm interested in doing this to my '05 as I think the excessive amount of road and wind noise kills (for me) what would otherwise be one sweet car. Not to mention it makes it harder to hear the great stereo system.

I'm guessing that the single most effective place to start would be the headliner. If I knock on the roof I notice it makes a hollow, echoing "bong" sound in a way that my other vehicles do not. Hmmmm. I'm thinking there's not much under that headliner in the way of dampening material. Anyone had a chance to look under there yet?

·
5,268 Posts
I was considering it too. never had really time to get this project going.

You are right, Don has done quite a bit of deadening, even wheels well if I recall correctly.

Hi Don, are you listening. What about sharing you experience….

Thanks

·
4,664 Posts
Hmmm... I'd be curious to know how much difference it made too.

I was actually surprised at how much material is under the carpet. I'd hate to think how loud it would be without it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi All,
I've just finished installing some b-quite extreme sound deadening (http://www.b-quiet.com/extreme.html) in the spare tire area, and I'm now moving towards the front.

Has anyone done the driver's/passenger's floor areas without removing the seats? How do I get under the carpet? Any other pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a way to get inside the rear hatch door?

Thanks in advance.
Glenn

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the reading material.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the post. That article led me to purchasing Damplifier Pro and OverKill Pro from Second Skin Audio, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Over the past month I've been doing areas of my car one by one. First the trunk, then the wheel wells, I just finished the doors, and next is the firewall/dash top. The reduced noise is nice although not as drastic as people make it sound, but the difference for the stereo is astounding. Makes the crappy Bose system sound pretty darn nice (I'm still going to replace it though :22: )

·
5,268 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts