Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The American Consumer Satisfaction index released 2nd quarter scores for automobiles and light trucks. Nissan ended up with a score of 78 (out of 100) and Toyota was at the top at 87 followed by Honda and BMW with scores of 86.

I don't place a whole lot of stock in these indexes, but it is an interesting read.

Here's the link: http://www.theacsi.org/second_quarter.htm#baseline

About the ACSI:

Established in 1994, the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) is a uniform and independent measure of household consumption experience. A powerful economic indicator, the ACSI tracks trends in customer satisfaction and provides valuable benchmarking insights of the consumer economy for companies, industry trade associations, and government agencies. The ACSI is produced by the Stephen M. Ross Business School at the University of Michigan, in partnership with the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and the international consulting firm, CFI Group. ForeSee Results sponsors the e-commerce and e-business measurements. The ACSI is funded in part by corporate subscribers who receive industry benchmarking data and company-specific information about financial returns from improving customer satisfaction.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Cadillac tied Honda & BMW

And beat all the rest. Very Interesting! as that guy on TV used to say.

I think that is really tremendous for Cadillac. Additionally I personally feel that the more technologically advanced vehicle with lots of electronics and features the greater the likelihood that their are "Birthing Problems"

It take a special effort to get all those things right. Look at how good Apple did in the same evaluation. I have both Apple and Dell products and am very impressed with both. The support is outstanding.

Back to Nissan. Their vehicles are very advanced. Look at the Mo in 03, CVT, DVD Nav, electronics out the gazoo considering the price. I still feel that we underappreciate the vehicle considering what we got for the money.

Granted the battery was too small considering the alternators output and the slow average engine speed and they all added up to a serious flaw. Granted the Tranny can't really take the load of the AWD and the transfer case crumbles as a result.

It goes to show how hard it is to get it all right and the risk we all take being "Early Adopters"

It takes special people to stick with it and get it all sorted out. Nissan could have helped if they had a better customer attitude. Nissan USA needs to work hard to bridge the gap between a relatively poor dealer network and the customer. They are in the perfect place to do that.

elliotgb thanks for the link and the post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts