Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you activate the OEM Sirius Tuner online, or do you have to call Sirius to have it done? I'm wondering because the fee for talking to a person is higher than for online activation. With the online activation, you have to know the ID/ESN Number for the tuner. Is there anywhere I can find this on a sticker or something, or will the tuner tell me its number on the display?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Check their website. Don't know about sirius but on XM you can see the id number on channel zero.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I did check their website... Link

That's where I found that you need to have the number from the receiver.

To make your activation a snap, be prepared with the following:
  • The ID/ESN number from your SIRIUS receiver.
  • A major credit card.
  • Have your SIRIUS tuner installed with the antenna facing skyward.
  • Turn your SIRIUS tuner on and tune it to channel 184.
So, my question is this. Do I have to get access to the actual tuner module to get this ID/ESN number, or will the tuner give me that number through the MO's display?

It was easy to activate my XM SkyFi that I've got in the Mustang. Just trying to find the best way to do it for my wife's MO with Sirius. :D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I am not sure I understand. If you have the tuner indstalled, then why not just turn it on to see if it gives you the number? If it does not, the physical unit should have a sticker on it with the number.

Either way, they will need the number to activate the system so you need to have it regardless of whether you activate online or by phone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wondered if anyone knew off the top of their head. Didn't want to waste my time trying to find a sticker on the physical unit if I didn't have to. Or if someone knew what channel to tune to to see the ID number, then I could just get in and check it without searching. Call me lazy - LOL. :p

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For future reference, you can get the ID/ESN number from the Sirius tuner by tuning to channel 0, just like you do with an XM tuner. I activated online this evening, and it's working great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts