Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Murano Platinum has a check engine light on that pops a code of P059F, which is for the active grille shutter. I see the shutter and all but was wondering if anyone had ever changed one of these out? I've searched the web for information but am not finding anything. Can anyone advise? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
My 2015 Murano Platinum has a check engine light on that pops a code of P059F, which is for the active grille shutter. I see the shutter and all but was wondering if anyone had ever changed one of these out? I've searched the web for information but am not finding anything. Can anyone advise? Thanks!!!
You can find the service manuals here:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump...... anyone on the active grill shutter? I can hear it making noise at start up and when the engine is turned off however the shutter does nothing. Not exactly sure what it is suppose to do during those times. BTW, it's a $335 fix at the dealership.

So, a little story...check engine light came on a few weeks ago. Wife's car, told her to take it to the dealership, too techno, don't like jacking with it. Sum total for repairs was $7,500, the majority being the CVT trans, which was $4,500. Other things included were spark plug change, bad coil back side of engine of course, active grille shutter, brake flush, coolant flush, new brakes, replacement of radar sensor, and tires. Might have been a few other small things in there. Do agree, per maintenance standards some of this is legit. Anyway, the two things keeping the check engine light on were the bad coil and the active grille shutter. I had them replace the plugs and coil and the tech told me that the grille shutter would also keep the light on. Told him, screw it, replace plugs and coil....pain in the but as the intake has to come off....$700. I wished now I had pulled those codes myself, as I have a hard time believing that that coil and shutter went bad the same time. Possible, maybe. Car has 115k on it.

Bigger concern is trans, though it appears to be just fine. At 65 k it was doing some jerky stuff, took it in, out of warranty of course....Tech said needed an update which he did, then said it is popping a code for trans replacement.....what! After update, did not have any issues with jerky stuff and have driven it another 50k. Talked to wife about trading it in for a new one as she really likes the Murano. Our car is in excellent appearance, not a door ding on it and looks brand new. It is a 2015 Platinum AWD. Trade in value $10k. Wow! Told her we're keeping it and driving it until it won't drive anymore and then I'll fix it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I did a quick search using Adobe Acrobat and found the following: Section EC has some troubleshooting procedures, and sections DLK and EXT look like they additional information and have some removal/installation instructions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking through the cooling section and did not find it, so your input will help. Do you know if the entire service manual can be downloaded?

Really do appreciate your input here. Thank you!

·
Registered
744 Posts
You can download by clicking on each section, then clicking on the download symbol at the top, or using "Trouble loading the file? Click here to download a copy. " at the bottom.

I don't see the table of contents section for 2015, so I attached it here (section FWD.) Place in the same folder you placed all the other sections.

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
I was looking through the cooling section and did not find it, so your input will help. Do you know if the entire service manual can be downloaded?

Really do appreciate your input here. Thank you!
Yeah, you would think the information on the cooling related active grill shutter be in cooling, but it's in the BODY EXTERIOR, DOORS, ROOF & VEHICLE SECURITY section of all places...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts