Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Acura decided to get into cross-over business as well. the concept here looks real nice, especially the interior. but again the fight with MO will come down to the price and prize. how much will it offer for how many bucks.

any thoughts ???

·
5,244 Posts
I do not like it. It looks like an SUV and the interior is "ricey". Or maybe the photos do not do the justice....

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The actual production model will likely be toned down, but will still have the typical Honda ergonomic, well made interior. Rumor has it that it will have a turbocharged I4 instead of a V6. Coming from Honda, that will probably mean peaky performance thats fun on the dragstrip but tiring in everyday driving.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
yup those high revving 4 cyls just don't work well in suv's. i personally don't like it either. i mean common.. it's small. it's more of a compact corssover. but ehh to each his own.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Halo said:
Turbo from Honda? Where did you read that? It would be a first.
I think I read that in an issue of Autoweek a while back. Like all rumors, its all speculation and the production model will likely be different.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Tintin said:
if you look at the spy shots of the RDX, it looks nothing like the ones you see all over the net.
The online pics has no wipers and side mirrors, while the spy shots of the car has both.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoid/6050715.002
That spyshot is the facelifted Honda Pilot.

I'm sure the production model RDX will have both mirrors and wipers. Honda did mention this air blower device for the windshield, but I cannot imagine it making it to production. The lack of side mirrors probably meant the concept had cameras, but again, too high tech for a production model.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Personally, I like the RDX..

but this crossover from acura is in different class from Murano. It was designed to compete in the class of small suv like toyota rav-4 and honda crv . That is why it has the 4-cylinder engine. with turbo they said :4:

The next generation of acura MDX suv will be a full crossover in mid-size market; competing with murano, rx330, infiniti fx, mazda's new cx-, subaru BX9 etc.

I think the acura RDX will sell really well in small suv crowds competing with Nissan Arctic (the so called 'mini MO')! Toyota is coming out with all new rav4 in 2007 so is HOnda crv. So we will see the small suv crossover market to get real HOT by that time~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts