Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Acura RDX reviews are starting to come out...

I think I read in Road and Track (or one of the top 3 car mags) that they should be hitting the show-rooms by end of June even...

Interesting how they compare it to the BMW x3. But haven't seen anybody compare it to the Murano...

The Murano definitely looks better from the outside. But it seems the RDX has more features for possibly about the same price. (They said something like 30 to 36 for fully loaded - and it fully loaded comes w/ a lot more than Murano...). If the prices are correct - seems it would hurt Murano sales a lot...

Here's one:
http://www.technoride.com/article/Acura+RDX+Review+A+Small+SUV+Done+Right/179768_1.aspx

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I am sure it looks better in person, but in the photos on the Acura website it looks like an econobox. It looks too "vanilla", there is nothing to make it stand out from the pack.

One nice feature that I wish the MO had is the RDX warranty - Basic warranty is 4 years/50,000 miles and the all-important powertrain warranty is 6 years/70,000 miles. I like that.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
As I was reading the list of features I found this: GPS-linked, solar-sensing, dual-zone, automatic climate control system

A GPS-linked HVAC system?!? Is that so the air conditioner knows you're in Arizona and not Saskatuwan?

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Turns the AC up on the sunny side.

I like it.
If indeed it sells for 36K it will be a big seller.
Much more than that, and they will get push back on a 4 cyl engine.
If they can sell it for less, it will take sales away from the MO.
I think it is designed to be ONLY fully loaded with maybe Nav as the only option.

Homer

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Exterior looks a little like the Chevy Equinox.... which I am not a fan of. I also don't care for full time AWD.

I bet I would enjoy the ride and for the same $$$ I would consider it for sure.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
that's pretty pricey considering that it is substantially smaller than the murano.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yikes...I had high hopes for this, given how much I like the TL. Can't believe it's from the same company.

That's the best they could come up with for exterior styling? It's worse than just bland; it's actively bad, WAY too busy. I don't recall the concepts being this unattractive...looks like a really ugly Outback...

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I really think it doesn't compare with the MO

It lacks class, style and pizazz.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I just looked at Acura website. One word - impressive. I would love to see and drive this car in real life.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Gonzo said:
Exterior looks a little like the Chevy Equinox.... which I am not a fan of. I also don't care for full time AWD.

I bet I would enjoy the ride and for the same $$$ I would consider it for sure.
The upcoming RDX will have SH-AWD (super handling AWD), which in theory has the most clever strategy for using AWD to assist handling. SH-AWD can route power across wheels on the same axle, giving truly independent power proportioning while cornering.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The interior is all Acura, however the exterior is from Hyundai. Nothing against you Hyundai owners out there, but for $40,000 I want an exterior that looks classy, sophisticated, modern... something like the MO.

Homer,
Thanx for the insight on the GPS-influenced climate control. I thought it had to be something like that, I just wasn't sure.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
haha actually njjoe i find that hyundai's recent products fit the classy, modern, and sophisticated criteria that you mention haha. i think they were going for a sport look with the RDX as will the new MDX. but the front end is about as busy as the front on the x3. interesting that this is the second recent suv comming out with a turbo 4 cyl engine. why don't they just bring turbo diesels from europe.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Murano_driver said:
I just looked at Acura website. One word - impressive. I would love to see and drive this car in real life.
I just looked last night and I must say I like the RDX even more. I find the stlying not bad and the interior nice too.

·
5,244 Posts
Gonzo,
I am with you on this one. The look is not the greatest but I like the interior, the AWD, the technology. However, 4 cylinder engine, even turbo somehow does no appeal to me........I just need to drive this baby......

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
4 bangers are just plain rough

For $40,000 I expect a V6 at the least with 4 valves per. I know I seem to be swiming upstream here but IMO it just doesn't compare with the MO, in any way. Guess i just love Mo's and have never be a Honda fan.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I'm not much for 4 bangers either.
But I know Acura.
And I'll bet that you won't know what it is until you open the hood and look.

Homer

BTW _ it's an Acura, not a Honda like your G35 was not a Nissan.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
nissanlove said:
haha actually njjoe i find that hyundai's recent products fit the classy, modern, and sophisticated criteria that you mention haha. i think they were going for a sport look with the RDX as will the new MDX. but the front end is about as busy as the front on the x3. interesting that this is the second recent suv comming out with a turbo 4 cyl engine. why don't they just bring turbo diesels from europe.
Did I say Hyundai? :8: I meant Kia. :D

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ok i think this thread gone a bit quiet. the rdx has been out for a couple months now and altough i havn't seen even one on the road yet, i have had a chance to test drive it while we were looking to trade in the truck. first of all it is smaller but not buy much. the rear seat is roomier than an FX yet less than the murano and the cargo area looks to be a little larger than the fx. the interior is pure luxury but the lack of genuine wood or sporty aluminum trim does give a bit of a cheap factor. the driver and front passenger are makes you feel in control. it's like a drivers SUV. some might call it snug but i felt like i was enveloped in my own zone with all the controls at easy reach(there are alot of them). as for the turbo 4... there is lag. i've never driven in a turbo car before and it pretty much what i've read about turbo's. acura still hasn't figure out how to delete the turbo lag even with it's variable intake turbo. i do however love the sound of the air woooshing into the engine(it's faint but you can hear it) below 3000 rpm, the rdx is pretty tame but as soon as you hit the 3 grand mark it's BLAST OFF. it's kind of disappointing that the power is that high in the rpm band since i rarely ever put the murano over 3k RPM to get what i need done. also, since the engine is a 4 cyl, the refined quite sound isn't there altough it does sound better snd quieter than the 4 cyl in our mazda 3. the shifter paddles on the steering wheel greatly help the driver to get the rdx in that sweet spot rpm band. the sh-awd system is a dream. it's absolutely wonderfully designed and you can actually feel the car sling shot through turned. the suspension is a big bonus on the rdx. not to stiff but it works excellent with the sporty handeling characterisitics of the awd system. for around 50 grand fullyloaded with navi(same price for the murano) it is an excellent luxury SPORT UV. i could probably live with the turbo lag and the smaller interior volume if they were to do a straight trade for the murano but who am i kidding, the modding on the MO is just getting started and is just getting better.

P.S sometime in the near future i'll be testing the new 07 MDX so keep on the lookout for a thread on that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
njjoe said:
As I was reading the list of features I found this: GPS-linked, solar-sensing, dual-zone, automatic climate control system

A GPS-linked HVAC system?!? Is that so the air conditioner knows you're in Arizona and not Saskatuwan?

-njjoe
Saskatuwan spelled correctly is Saskatchewan:1:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
:2: :2: we forgive you:2: :2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts