Nissan Murano Forum banner

Adding a 12 V outlet

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  TheGymKid 
#1 ·
Hello!

So I am about to go on a trip and there is much to plug in....mp3, Fm Transmiter, and a GPS. Does anyone have any good ideas about adding more outlets?

Thanks!
George

#3 ·
Bockosh-

ekaxel offered the most practical and economical solution. The three items you are looking to power are all low current drain devices. A 3 in 1 outlet, available at Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, etc., would be ideal and take all of 10 seconds to "install".

Have a safe trip.

-njjoe

#4 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick response. If I could try your patience a bit more... how about a new outlet that is always powered, even if the ignition switch is off? I noticed that there is a 20A fuse on the + terminal of the battery. Do you know what purpose it serves?

Thanks again!
George

#6 ·
Three of a Kind

Here are the three outlets (at least on the 2006)

One in the Back

One by the glove box

One on the front side of the center console . (I assume that the 2003, has a simular 12V outlet)

Here is an example of a Radio Shack splitter.

{click on image to RS webpage}

#7 ·
Bockosh said:
Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick response. If I could try your patience a bit more... how about a new outlet that is always powered, even if the ignition switch is off? I noticed that there is a 20A fuse on the + terminal of the battery. Do you know what purpose it serves?

Thanks again!
George

My Magellan is hotwired to the fuse box, so it is always on. I hated stopping for gas or running into a store and shutting the engine off which killed the Magellan power. I bought a fuse splitter for less then $10.00 and cut the end of my old radar dector cord, connected it to the fuse box and run the wire in the dash to pop out behind the instrument panel where it plugs into the Magellan. ( I can take a few pictures if needed.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.