Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

If I want to install the following (Rockford Fosgate Punch dual 10" with integrated amp), what do I need to add to the Bose setup in order to be able to do so? I understand that I have to bring a 15 amp 12V wire from the battery (as well as a ground) but is it possible to hook this sub to the existing sub wiring or do I have to add something to the existing setup?

http://www.cardomain.com/sku/ROCRFT4101A

I like this bazooka-style gizmo because I can always remove it and throw it in the back seat if I need the cargo room. And with a single connector in the spare tire latch, I can install or remove it very easily.

Thanks!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would recommend getting a PAC-Audio converter, which T's into the harness just behind the radio. It will give you 4-channel RCA preout, and still let you use the factory Bose system. It also has a built in ground isolation circuit, and an amplifier remote turn on lead and works pretty good IMO. The kit part # you want is AOEM-NIS2. You can see it here . For the power wire, I would recommend running 10AWG wire minimum from the battery back to the amp, and grounding in the local area of the box should be sufficient as well. After you get this up and running try playing with the Bose sub by disconnecting it, and then connecting it and determine what you like the best. Some people like theirs running in tandem with their aftermarket stuff, and some don't. Me personally, I have mine disconnected. Hope this helps!:29:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dookie, it sure does help! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts