Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently got a 2018. In looking at various videos, I see that the 2014 model had a storage tray that sits on top of the spare tire and it looks like the Gen 3 cars don't have that. I'm curious to know if anyone has tried putting that tray into a Gen 3 Murano with any success with or without modifications.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have had a 20111, 2014 and 2016. I took the tray out of my 2014 and used it in my 2016. The 2016 is gone and I now use that same tray in my 2020. Its now a perfect fit but it stays in place well.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Its now a perfect fit but it stays in place well.
Are you saying "It's NOT a perfect fit. but it stays in place well."

I'm interested in getting one, but would like to know where the fitment issues are before going forward, quite expensive online thru a dealer. Found one on ebay for $120.

Thanks.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Interesting..... went from a 2010 - 2016 - 2020, never missed that tray. I do remember trying to take my rubber cargo mat from the 2010 to the 2016 and of course it didn't fit.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I had the storage tray in my '03, I miss it...

It was good for storing small items like cargo straps, jumper cables, spare wiper blades and drive belts, etc. For my '19 I use the side well storage areas for those things now. However, it was more organized and less crammed-in when I had the storage tray...

Reactions: PaulDay

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are you saying "It's NOT a perfect fit. but it stays in place well."

I'm interested in getting one, but would like to know where the fitment issues are before going forward, quite expensive online thru a dealer. Found one on ebay for $120.

Thanks.

Have a good day.
tried looking on ebay didnt find it...what did you search for

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
tried looking on ebay didnt find it...what did you search for
This dealer has several. I just put a $100 offer on it. Go to his store for more of them.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I notice the $120 asking price includes free shipping. Shipping something that large is expensive, which is why the price is so high I would imagine...

You've probably already checked local wrecking yards, correct?

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Unfortunately, very few recycler deal with accessory pieces. You pretty much have to be there in person when the car comes in to get pieces like this. Believe me, I tried.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got the tray in today and I can confirm that the tray fits into the compartment, albeit a bit loosely. But the floor lays flat above it. I didn't have too much time to tinker with it yet. It looks like the compartment may be a bit wider than the older model. I'll try to post pictures at some point.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just got the tray in today and I can confirm that the tray fits into the compartment, albeit a bit loosely. But the floor lays flat above it. I didn't have too much time to tinker with it yet. It looks like the compartment may be a bit wider than the older model. I'll try to post pictures at some point.
I meant to type that its NOT a perfect fit but it does stay in place. Sorry about that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No worries, that's what I assumed you meant. I'm figuring I can add a small plate under the existing flange to get the tray to stay in place, I just need to measure the opening vs the tire to make sure I don't make it hard to get the tire out. A project for another day. But it drops into the opening, it doesn't move around, and the floor lays flat so that's great.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD
33 Posts
Looks like the ebay cost went up to 375?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts