Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone with a 05 service manual post the page on how to adjust the xenon head lights from inside the hood? i'm still waiting until the 06 service manual becomes available.
i know most of you would say just adjust it from the inside. well, what i'm planning is for those slow people in the fast lane who wouldn't move over. you see, i want to adjust the hid high but move them down from the control in the dash. and when i come up to those slower people in the left lane, i'll just move it up. this way, it's not as bright as the high beams so i won't be affecting the on coming traffic.
thanks!

·
Registered
281 Posts
On my 04 there is a white plastic slotted/hex behind the light
that I used to adjust mine, 06 should be the same.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
06murano said:
could someone with a 05 service manual post the page on how to adjust the xenon head lights from inside the hood? i'm still waiting until the 06 service manual becomes available.
i know most of you would say just adjust it from the inside. well, what i'm planning is for those slow people in the fast lane who wouldn't move over. you see, i want to adjust the hid high but move them down from the control in the dash. and when i come up to those slower people in the left lane, i'll just move it up. this way, it's not as bright as the high beams so i won't be affecting the on coming traffic.
thanks!
Wow. You really hate those "speed droppers" to plan all that. But I'm with you:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On my 04 there is a white plastic slotted/hex behind the light that I used to adjust mine, 06 should be the same.
yes i do have a white plastice slotted male hex behind the light. but i did turn it a couple of times and it doesn't look like it did anything to the beam. how many times do you have to turn yours?
thanks!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
06murano said:

yes i do have a white plastice slotted male hex behind the light. but i did turn it a couple of times and it doesn't look like it did anything to the beam. how many times do you have to turn yours?
thanks!
Big 06murano-

The headlight aim adjusting screws are fine-threaded to enable precise adjustments. They are not meant to dramatically alter the beam height.

I understand what you are trying to accomplish, but please be considerate of the other drivers. What you perceive from the drivers seat as a minor change may be blinding to other drivers in the oncoming lane.

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
stright from the manual. Follow the instructions

Attachments

·
5,244 Posts
More importantly make sure you comply with the pic below

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone, i will keep all your comments in mind when i adjust the head lights.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
All well and good, but gobbleygook to me.
Now I know that my background as a hard and soft ware engineer restricts my learning ability, and the fact that I have been a driver, crewman and part owner of race cars doesn't help, But I do not understand how to follow those pictures.
Somebody want to take a cut at it?
In Engrish prease. :D

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
I was going to but then realized two things:

1. you were kidding!!!!!;)
2. nobody would understand my gin-glish (or whatever it is..) :D anyway so why bother…

:7:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just for reference

i found out that the best adjustment tool is with a 8mm socket and one of those snake tool adaptors. because there isn't much room at all behind the light assy. also try not to use a flat screw driver because it'll start to tear up the plastic slot (since it's plastic).
and lastly, to adjust the beam up you screw in the plastic hex screw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts