Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a story about a new type of suspension developed by Bose, yes the same company that makes our stereos. This is something that is just screaming to be put on a Mo, I'll be keeping an eye out for when it gets to market, which hopefully will be soon. lets just hope its not one of those things that is only offered to auto manufacurers leaving those of us who want to upgrade out in the cold.

Bose Suspension

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The Bose suspension is a cool concept, but imagine how much it would cost if one of those electronic dampers fail. Without a coil spring, you would essentially be driving without a suspension.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Maybe what we need is an innertial dampener

like what they retrofit to The Startrek's Ship :rolleyes:
Sorry for the geek talk, i am just too excited with the new startrek series season starting next week :werd:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Heh, I'm a trekker too...so its all good. :cool:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I definitely think it looks like a very cool idea, and agree that it would go well with the rest of the high tech toys on our car. Maybe they should change their business strategies and focus more on this and less on Premium sound systems. I never understood why people liked them so much. They're overpriced underpowered paper cones.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Eric L. said:
The Bose suspension is a cool concept, but imagine how much it would cost if one of those electronic dampers fail. Without a coil spring, you would essentially be driving without a suspension.
There is a coil spring. These are just fancy dampers. A pretty sweet idea IMO.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The damper part of the suspension is the strut/shock. Maybe I read the description incorrectly, but I believe the Bose unit replaces the traditional spring and damper setup with an all in one unit which is suppose to approximate both parts in function. If this unit fails, you would lose the suspension on that corner of the vehicle. On the LS400 they tested it on, the stock setup is a front strut suspension, so they replaced both the spring and the strut with the Bose unit.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Right, they replace both, but it states the unit uses a spring to support the weight of the vehicle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In case anybody's interested, there's a page and a half article on the new Bose suspension in the new Car and Driver (October's issue, I believe, maybe it's November, whatever one I just got in the mail a week ago or so). Basically says there's a lot of work to be done, but that's it's more promising than any previous active suspension.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I agree the MO would be a great platform for this. Can you image how it would handle... not that it handles poorly now for a vehicle of it size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts