Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I took my Murano (2004) for a regular oil change to the Nissan dealer. On the comments section of the receipt, they have noted the following: Please use Octane 93 to reduce the engine knocking issue. I never reported any issues and I didn't notice my Murano 'knocking'. I didn't look at the comments section until I came home. I only use octane 89 for Murano but 93 for my 350Z. What do they mean by this? Any help/input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Z_owner_needs_M said:
Last week I took my Murano (2004) for a regular oil change to the Nissan dealer. On the comments section of the receipt, they have noted the following: Please use Octane 93 to reduce the engine knocking issue. I never reported any issues and I didn't notice my Murano 'knocking'. I didn't look at the comments section until I came home. I only use octane 89 for Murano but 93 for my 350Z. What do they mean by this? Any help/input is appreciated.
I would think we can all give you our opinion, which is what it says , they found a knocking noise and suggest using a higher oct to resolve it. Maybe it's just generic notes.... but honestly, your best bet is to call Nissan ask for the person's name who is on the paper and ask what do these notes mean... did you find a problem that I should be aware of? Let me know what they say if you call. Good luck.....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Z_owner_needs_M said:
Did they drive it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Z_owner_needs_M said:
They drove it from where I dropped off and into their garage.
As you know you really have to provoke it to get even a single ping with the knock sensor we are equipped with so I do not know how they determined it was pinging??
I most often run reg in my Maxima 6sp with same engine and I can't remember hearing any pinging.
Maybe they dynoed it? (fat chance)

·
Where's my money?
23 Posts
Z_owner_needs_M said:
What dealer was this? We use Shell 87 octane in the Murano and it was recently serviced at Bankston in Lewisville.

Michael.

·
Registered
443 Posts
We don't even have 93 here (91 is as high as it goes unless you buy race gas).

Could they have interrogated the OBDII and it gave them a code that the ECU has been pulling timing? Doubt it.

I, too, would like to hear what the dealer has to say about the reason for this comment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts