Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into replacing the stock radio unit on my 2007 Murano S AWD. I have done some research and so far I'm set on the aluminum Metra kit and I'm looking on purchasing either the Pioneer AVIC-X950BH or AVIC-X850BT, both of which have built-in GPS.

I'm interested/need help in seeing how people have mounted the GPS antenna. I'm having a hard time finding a discussion about which route people took to connect the GPS antenna from the back of the aftermarket radio which will be inside the dashboard, to the outside of the dashboard towards the window. Was another part of the dashboard removed or was it accessible from under the hood? Same goes with the Bluetooth mic since it's the same case.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Oh, one last question: is it guaranteed that the Pioneer models I picked will fit the Metra kit or do sizes vary from one stereo system to another (with the exception of single and double DIN)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock (OEM) GPS antenna fits into a little recess behind the display screen. It is not necessary to put it outside.
Awesome advice - thanks so much! I looked into other threads and found these pictures - I'm guessing this is what you're referring to. Hopefully the aftermarket GPS antenna for the Pioneer I'm looking into is strong enough to work through the dashboard.

Any recommendation on how I can route the wire for the Bluetooth mic? I tried looking for the service manual (for 2007 MO) to help me out but I couldn't find it on the web.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts