Nissan Murano Forum banner

Aftermarket Grilles

8K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  whitemo 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
What do you guys think is better the billet grille (5th pic down) or the painted to match one? I was thinking of getting my grille painted to match, but if I can just buy it!:2:

#6 ·
This is a great collaboration of all of the alternative grilles that are out there. I have not seen a grille with a single opening. Perhaps its worth emailing the Ultra Trim company to see if its a possibility. First I would photoshop up a sample of something to help better visualize

#7 ·
I like the monocromatic one.

I've thought about doing it on ours.

I'd find out what type of guarantee they put on the paint. Paint generally doesn't stick well to chromed plastic. I don't know if they created a new grill that looks stock - or if they just painted a stocker. I'd guess the later.

#11 ·
Just got an email back from Ultra Trim Inc. Their painted grille is $495 without shipping. I think I'm gonna go for the metal one! GEEZE!

#15 ·
i dont know, this grill looks pretty ok to me...

is there any more close up pic?

#16 ·
Re: i dont know, this grill looks pretty ok to me...

SugarRushMurano said:
is there any more close up pic?
Which one? If you are asking about the one I found, that is the only pic I have of it.

#17 ·
Check this link out:
http://www.american-truck-auto.com/billet/nissan_murano_16743P.shtml

I like the solid billet grill, and have been thinking about getting one.
When I did a search for grills, I found this, but the part I like best is that you can get a matching bumper billet grill!

My worries are:

1. How will this affect airflow to the intake and radiator?

2. Fit and installation (for the bumper grill, I think I would have to cut the vertical parts that separate the current bumper opening into several openings)?

#18 ·
I was in Peoria, Arizona this weekend and I saw a Black Murano with the EG Classics grille...

I'm not into Billet-like grilles but this product looks hot in person. I know there are a few members that have this grille already. Is anyone interested in a group buy?

Also....
I won a bid off eBay for a stock Murano grille for $15.00 If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it up, let me know. If it looks good enough, I'll have it stamped then mass produced for us.
I'm either going to:
1) paint it body color
2) paint parts of it black and keep the outer trim chrome
3) cut it up, install a mesh backing
4) use it as a template and have a body shop
play with it

Please let me know what you think and please post images of potential designs.

#20 ·
OU! OU!
I have an idea for you N2. How about leaving the chrome surround and inserting stainless screen--otherwise known as wire mesh. In quantity it is quite cheap and freakin bullet proof.

Check out various sizes here.

I think 1/4 to 1/2 inch mesh would look fab in a thick wire diameter.

The thing is--it is incredibly functional and I am a functional kind of guy.

:cool:

#21 ·
I'm thinking of putting the grill from a Buick Roadmaster on the Murano, but it will probably double the weight of the front end.

Attachments

#24 ·
You laugh, but I'd like to see one done like that!

My apologies for hijacking, er, hijaaking the thread.

I was looking at the vertical part of the Roadmaster grill and wondering if those parts might look good in there somewhere. Some people think the Murano's grill is too bling bling, but when you look at the late 50's cars, it's nothing!

#26 ·
Well, it's OK but it would sure look a lot better if you took that ugly ass Nissan grill off.

Homer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.