Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Newbie here. I've been reading a lot of the audio threads in this forum, and it seems like no one is able to get an aftermarket head unit into the MO's. Does anyone know if there is any kind of bracket coming out for the MO so we can put in an aftermarket head unit? Or are we stuck with the stock bose head unit... The only thing I'm looking to add to the Murano is a head unit, good set of components and maybe a sub..but definitely components. Thanks everyone in advance. BTW, this is a very informative forum.

·
Registered
631 Posts
whatsurMO? said:
Hi. Newbie here. I've been reading a lot of the audio threads in this forum, and it seems like no one is able to get an aftermarket head unit into the MO's. Does anyone know if there is any kind of bracket coming out for the MO so we can put in an aftermarket head unit? Or are we stuck with the stock bose head unit... The only thing I'm looking to add to the Murano is a head unit, good set of components and maybe a sub..but definitely components. Thanks everyone in advance. BTW, this is a very informative forum.
jaak or GripperDon or maybe Generator or one of the other gurus would know best. If I recall reading elsewhere on the forums, the factory head unit ties into the same electronics as the A/C system...

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
whatsurMO?

The radio and the A/C are fully integrated together into a single unit. Both electrically and mechanically. the ability to replace one of these is pretty well impossible. The cabling, display connectors etc. are all integrated together. You can add additional aux inputs for Ipods, etc. however. GRIP :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I guess the only way to go is to replace the speakers and add some amps to power them. I have no problems with that I suppose. I just want great sound in this car! Thanks for the quick replies.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
whatsurMO?

That is a way to GO!. Do a search on those subjects and you will Find lots of inputs. Also continue to look under this forum and then drill down. Lots of inputs on amps and speakers, even stuff for sale right now, that has been in MO's.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=69

P.S. Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Post away!!!

GRIP :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
whatsurMO? said:
So I guess the only way to go is to replace the speakers and add some amps to power them. I have no problems with that I suppose. I just want great sound in this car! Thanks for the quick replies.
Look for the threads containing info on JL Audio's CleanSweep product. I plan on putting one in my MO when I decide that I have the time and disposable money to overhaul the audio system. I have a few threads with my ideas about how I'm going to attack the system.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Although you cannot physically replace the head you could mount a head unit in another area. The stereo shop I went to was able to shift the stereo area down and mount a new stereo in the area left above it. Another thread , I believe has a persone mounting in the area underneath the center console, and another on top of the dash. It will all come down to how much money you are willing to spend for a custom look. Good Luck

·
Registered
631 Posts
Personally, unless I was planning on taking the MO to soundoff competitions, I wouldn't put an aftermarket head unit in. If the CleanSweep performs as advertised, the difference in sound quality would be negligible with all but the most top-dollar high-end equipment. I would much rather keep the clean, integrated look and operation of the factory unit... the display on the LCD screen, the steering wheel controls... the in-dash 6-cd changer, etc. yes the factory head unit has some limitations and annoyances... in another thread a few weeks back there was a mention of Nissan releasing a unit to integrate an iPod cleanly into the system. That would solve my major complaint -- no support for playing MP3 CDs.

To each thier own.... I'm just sayin...

$.02 and all that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts