·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some help here.

I have an 04 murano sl.
it didn't come with the bi-xenon HIDs that are standard on the
SE modles here in Canada.

I am interested in changing to aftermarket HIDS.

I just have a fewe questions.

1. Will the warranty be affected in any way after installing aftermarket HID conversion kits?

2. Are the conversion kits plug and play or does the installation process require any cutting of wires or mods?

3. Has anbyone had the after market HIDs installed before and which brand do you recommend?

Thanks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
www.xenondepot.com out of Canada has some really good kits. They use Phillips bulbs and ballasts, which is important for quality. Tell him Dustin sent you!

(Ask for Steve)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.

i really appreciate it.

·
4,664 Posts
I guess I'll have to check them out since they're in town. Thornhill is on the border of the top part of Toronto...:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jaaks, are you plaing on installing HID too?

where in toronto are you?

·
4,664 Posts
I'm in the west end. The HID's were the one thing I really wanted, but I wasn't willing to spend another 7K on the SE package for that.

I didn't see a set capable of hi/lo on their site, so I don't know that I'd do it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jaak,

i found a kit call HID Pro.
made by hella in germany.
they have the hi-low beam for the MO.

available at Hi-tech Auto.

4162994018 for more info

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I have these installed on my MDX, they are great! Installation instructions are available at acuramdx.org: http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12023&perpage=30&highlight=xenon depot install&pagenumber=7

I'll talk to Steve (the owner of xenondepot.com) to see if he has kits available for the MO.

Dookie said:
www.xenondepot.com out of Canada has some really good kits. They use Phillips bulbs and ballasts, which is important for quality. Tell him Dustin sent you!

(Ask for Steve)

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Admin, a question for you...

I have these installed on my MDX, they are great! Installation instructions are available at acuramdx.org: http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/show...ll&pagenumber=7
Did you loose your hi beam when installing the hid-kit to your acura mdx (9006 application)?
Or this kit that you installed is hi/lo kit?

thank you

·
4,664 Posts
muranosl said:
jaak,

i found a kit call HID Pro.
made by hella in germany.
they have the hi-low beam for the MO.

available at Hi-tech Auto.

4162994018 for more info
That sounds interesting.... 'cause if you are going to do it, you want both high and low beams!

Right now, I've spent my toy money. New TV, Xbox, Yamaha receiver, Motorola V600. Gotta put on the brakes for a little...:D

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Don't these kits cost big bucks? With a little perseverance/patience, you could get both OEM HD headlights on ebay, probably cheaper.

·
4,664 Posts
Now why would anyone sell something that only comes from Nissan at a price lower than Nissan sells them at? Would you take out your HID's and put in halogens? NOT! Would someone else take out your HID's and put them on eBay???

If they aren't smashed in an accident, then vehicle's most likely worth repairing.

I'm not saying just because they are on eBay they're hot, but if they're cheap and on eBay, it sure fits...

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Whatever. However, there is a brand new drivers side on ebay now for $200. Temperature not stated.

·
4,664 Posts
Just makes me wonder... That's all. I like cheap stuff. I don't like hot cheap stuff, because one day, it's yours....

Hmmm... Portland. Gonna be there in three weeks. You don't have HID's do you?:22:

·
4,664 Posts
Just kidding of course, I can't bear the thought of a Murano being harmed....

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
OK Jaak, call me names! I just came into a driver's side HID, less bulb. Which means when you-all change out, you can get/use any temperature you want. The passenger side is on ebay, but too expensive for my taste.
I note that all temperature D2S bulbs are on ebay, starting at $30.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Why you go with aftermarket HID KIT if you can retrofit OEM

xenon HID headlight system to your halogen murano?

Jack and me (with ekaxel's and jaak's help) did it.
See the thread here:

replacement HID lights

1 - 18 of 18 Posts