Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Waiting for my 04 SL AWD to be found and gotten into my dealer. Ordered a base SL AWD with only mud flaps, floor mats and cargo protector. Really wanted leather, but not with all the other crap that comes with it. Last year I bought an 03 Max SE also without leather and put it in myself for about $600. Called the same place and inquired about leather for the MO and they do in fact make the kit. It will be one of the first mods I do along with side molding.

If anyone would like to make their non-leather interior leather I can vouch for the place I got mine from for the Max. It's called www.atd1.com and the guys name is James.

Great price, outstanding quality (Katzkin leather), good instructions, and good customer service. It took me about 7 hours and looks and feels FAR better than factory leather.

If anyone would like to check it out give James a call.

REVHIGH !!!!!!!

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
revhigh, thanks for the info..question for you...

will aftermarket seat covers (in your case the katzkin leather seat) prevent the airbag to deploy?

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
i had non-oem leather done in my 2k1 trooper 4x4, and it turned out BETTER than factory, with nice pleated doorskins, thicker setaing surfaces, and bold color-match piping on some surface edges.....

classic soft-touch was the name of the company... took them the better part of one day, but i let em have it for two.....

the also guarantee thestuff for a good amount of time (dont have any other info, as i traded the car awhile back...)

post pics when you're done!

s

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Classic Soft-Touch is nationwide and can be found in many major metropolitan areas.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, the new leather seat covers from Katzkin are completely compatible with the airbags, and seat heaters if you have them. At the time if the install it's very easy to order and install the heaters if you don't have them and want them. Actually, I ended up getting a different MO and it had the SL touring pkg already, so I didn't need the leather. I emailed James at ATD and told him
I got a different car and didn't need the leather anymore, and he said he was glad I got an offer I couldn't refuse, and keep him in mind in the future, he's a real nice guy that you can trust in my opinion.

As another poster mentioned, the aftermarket leather is in my opinion MUCH nicer than the factory leather, I think its thicker and much softer. I was kind of bummed out I wouldn't get the Katzkin, since I was so happy with it in my MAX, but the dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse in the SL touring. $2200 for the pkg. How could I refuse?

By the way I have nothing to do with Katzkin or ATD, I was just really pleased with the product. I put it in myself, and if you're moderately mechanically inclined and take your time, and watch the video first, you should have no problems. Of course you can always have it installed locally for about 400.

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts