Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my new Katzkin interior installed, I thought I would share a couple of pics. My OEM black cloth interior got a big boost this summer with the installation of a Katzkin interior full leather kit that was bought on Ebay for under US $300 (a rare find at that price). The color is called Autumn and it very closely resembles what was an OEM color for the MO's first year. They have many options for custom interiors, and I may have opted for either two-tone, or some custrom stitching on the headrests or seatbacks if I ordered from the factory. Katzkin also has a network of qualified installers in North America. Shocking at first, I have gotten used to the color, thanks in part to the fact my interior is now two-tone, wheras the factory leather option in 2003 was virtually all this color. My leather is very close in color to the gauge faces! In a slightly different shade, it is still used in the 350Z as a two-tone. The Katzkin kit was installed by professionals in one day, and they returned all my OEM upholstery in a box for re-installation should I ever decide to go back. The quality is excellent and the covers are designed with special 'tagged' stitching in the area of the side airbags for easy breakaway if ever needed.:2:

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more....

The rear has all the pieces for the centre armrest and front seat rear pouches, very nicely sewn.....

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
WOW!!

How much did they charge to install?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
you know what MO in TO. they have this package called CABARNET in japan that looks exactly like the interior of your MO. that looks awesome.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rjardine said:
WOW!!

How much did they charge to install?
Cash installation at a manufacturer recommended installer (from Katzkin's website), cost me $500.00, which I felt was fair. Lots of pieces when you count all the door panels, headrests, fold down rear armrest, and seat pieces, most of which have special clips. Factor in the general knowledge of how to disassemble everything which would be otherwise difficult and potentaily damaging. Plus I got the old upholstery back without them cutting it for removal.:2:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
That looks great! Did they remove the seats? and if they did, how did they reset the airbag system?

·
4,601 Posts
That's nice... I really like it.

I wouldn't mind seats done like this, as the stitching could be colour matched to the body.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zebelkhan said:
That looks great! Did they remove the seats? and if they did, how did they reset the airbag system?
They did not have to remove the seats, apparently there are special clips holding the upholstery that are easily removed with the right tools all around the base. The rest is lots of tugging I guess....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jaak said:
That's nice... I really like it.

I wouldn't mind seats done like this, as the stitching could be colour matched to the body.
I agree, a heavy baseball stitch like Audi has used in the TT would be sharp!:)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Most auto upholstery is held on by fasteners known as Hog Rings.

Do a search on "Hog Rings" and you will see that Hog Rings come in different sizes, etc and have special tools.

Love those seats jaak.

But I don't think putting new leather on a Murano would make the seats look "Recarro like". :)

Boy that Katzkin site is neat...........I bookmarked it.
Never can tell when I might need it...............

Homer

·
4,601 Posts
But Katzkin does do the two tone look, which would spark up the interior a bit... If you have the cloth interior with the suede like door panels, I wonder if they do suede center sections? It would be a neat effect.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chris03HD said:
Do you have a better picture of the door pannels?
The door panels supplied by Katzkin are simply flat finished leather pieces of sufficient size to replace the existing leather or cloth door panels as you can see in my pictures. I know many different options are available, including custom stitching/embroidery, materials, combinations etc. I'm sure the only limitation is your imagination.....since I bought mine on Ebay I did not have a choice, but I am pleased with the outcome. I get a huge splash of color, but not over the top with my combo. Having 'MURANO' stitched on the seat backs or headrests in black would have been really nice, but too late now for me........ :p

·
Registered
143 Posts
MO in TO said:

The door panels supplied by Katzkin are simply flat finished leather pieces of sufficient size to replace the existing leather or cloth door panels as you can see in my pictures. I know many different options are available, including custom stitching/embroidery, materials, combinations etc. I'm sure the only limitation is your imagination.....since I bought mine on Ebay I did not have a choice, but I am pleased with the outcome. I get a huge splash of color, but not over the top with my combo. Having 'MURANO' stitched on the seat backs or headrests in black would have been really nice, but too late now for me........ :p
Do you have a better (closer up) pic of the door pannels? Cant see them too well in above posted pics. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will take some more pics this week, as some additional side views of my rims has also been a request.......once I get my son underway for highschool........:2:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chris03HD said:
Do you have a better picture of the door pannels?
Sorry for the delay, here is a better pic of the door panel..........
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...and here is one that shows the stitching around the drivers side seat airbag....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts