Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at Garmin StreetPilot 2720 for the 06 MO. Does anyone have experience with this unit or would they recommend another brand ? Best place to buy ?

It looks like there is the capability to do XM radio and traffic via FM modulator or audio out, does the BOSE in the 06 have an audio in jack ?

thanks,

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
If you do a search you will find many threads discussing both topics.

Short answer is:

1- For my wife's car we have a 2620 which should be simillar to 2720 but does not have deadreconing. Has a bit of longer learning curve and cannot enter coordinates as input but is very accurate and I love it. You will find that others have bought C320 and similar and they love them too.

2- You need a PAC Audio unit for any audio input into the MO's audio system.

·
5,244 Posts
ShaginWagon

do a search as Zeb suggested. However, the 2720 is a great unit and you will not be dissapointed. I just did not want to spend that sort of money and wanted something more portable, that I could take with me from car-to-car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have found most of the portable GPS units to have adequately loud speakers built in so outputing the sound to the Bose sound system should not be necessary.

I use and like the TomTom Navigator.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out the Pioneer DVD NAV:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/p...B,00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent

if that link doesn't work, do a search for:
Pioneer NAV-SYS620T

DVD Navigation with Touch Panel Package System
Suggested Price: $2,200.00

I have this in my mo and it is totally reliable intuitive and loaded with info, internal speaker on display, and alt AV input to switch and double as DVD screen.

Mounting display is detachable for anti-theft.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Do you have a picture with screen closed? All I could see in your Gallery was with open screen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, The screen does not close, like it does in some of the pioneer in-dash radio system units. This is a separate screen that mounts to a small clip post where it plugs into. It is easily removable for storage in the glove box - out of sight. The DVD player for this NAV unit is underneath my driver seat. Hope that helps explain more.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I am still a Magellan Roadmate man. Plenty of qualitry refurbs on ebay for less than $500.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
bigdongers said:
I have found most of the portable GPS units to have adequately loud speakers built in so outputing the sound to the Bose sound system should not be necessary.

I use and like the TomTom Navigator.
I find that the sounds irritate me more than anything. Unless I really need the voice prompts (like I'm having to concentrate too much on traffic to glance at the screen frequently) I usually just turn off the sound.

But I do agree that the sound these put out is adequate for the MO. Now, if I was still driving my '81 diesel rabbit that really should only be driven with some strong ear protection, then my Garmin C320 certainly wouldn't be loud enough. But then, neither was the radio that I had in that car...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
ekaxel said:
I am still a Magellan Roadmate man. Plenty of qualitry refurbs on ebay for less than $500.
I second that.

My friend just got the Magellan 800 series. In addition to all the other neat features, this Magellan now has a touch screen.

I have the 750M. Love it.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I've got the Garmin C320 and love it. For my needs it works well. I don't use it often but when I do I just place it on the dash and run off the batteries. It fits the entire USA, Canada, Mex on a single 1GB SD card. I got a great price on it and move it from car to car.

I generally just keep it in the arm rest on the MO for when I need it. I like the fact that I can hide it easily... no worries about leaving it out for theft temptation.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I use a HP Ipaq with iguidance Navigator4 software and a globalstat BT-338 GPS bluetooth reciever. I have to say that I love this setup.

I have a 90 degree audio connector to the lower left corner (which is bearly noticable) which allows me to play MP3s from my Ipaq to my radio via the Pac unit. It also allows nav voice to be hear through radio is desired.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
biggun said:
I use a HP Ipaq with iguidance Navigator4 software and a globalstat BT-338 GPS bluetooth reciever.
How is the screen in sunlight? iGuidance Navigator 4? Is that new?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The screen is surprisingly very visible in sunlight. Especially when you compare it to the Mo orange display.

As far as the software goes.....ooops. Those were the two I compared before purchasing the iguidance v2.1.1.

The accuracy is amazing, but I believe that is because of the GPS reciever. The Globalsat is WAAS enabled which is the key - from what I have been told. It provides vehicle speed accuracy down to 1 mph.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
"My friend just got the Magellan 800 series. In addition to all the other neat features, this Magellan now has a touch screen. "

The Magellan 700 always had a touch screen.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
ekaxel said:
[BThe Magellan 700 always had a touch screen. [/B]
I didn't know that! I thought it was new feature with the 800's.

On the 800, as the screen "scrolls" by, little icons appear. A $ would indicate a bank, a little gas pump is a station, etc. You can push the icon and get the address, phone, etc. You also have the option to route to that point.

Is that the same way it works on the 700?

·
Registered
127 Posts
For $100 and a laptop you can do it all with Delorme or even MS Streets. It is certainly not as integrated but works great and moves to other vehicle or rental car with you. Has lots of features like the perm units. I have been using it for about 5 years and just bought the 06 software which is slicker. The whole US map files with millions of locations installs on one CD and is always with you.
Then again, I am probably older and more nerdy than most of you.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Nissmo said:
For $100 and a laptop you can do it all with Delorme or even MS Streets. It is certainly not as integrated but works great and moves to other vehicle or rental car with you. Has lots of features like the perm units. I have been using it for about 5 years and just bought the 06 software which is slicker. The whole US map files with millions of locations installs on one CD and is always with you.
Then again, I am probably older and more nerdy than most of you.
The only thing with a laptop setup is that the screen cannot be placed in front of you so if there are no voice prompts (which I think both Delorme and MS Streets have) you have to look away from the road.

·
Registered
127 Posts
zebelkhan said:

The only thing with a laptop setup is that the screen cannot be placed in front of you so if there are no voice prompts (which I think both Delorme and MS Streets have) you have to look away from the road.
Delorme has voice prompts and voice recognition in your choice of gender and sexual orientation.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Mr3
I don't know, because I never use those features, so the 700 always has been fine to get from A to B.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts