Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me? I am looking into putting some 20' rims on my MO. I have been looking around, but I do not know what the offset is and the spacing in between lug bolts? Does anyone have this info or know where to get it?

Hmmm, I wonder if it would be in the manual...now that's an idea! I guess I should check there first!

Does anyone have aftermarket rims on their MO?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Let me know what you find on offset.

I'm confused by the whole offset thing. I want to put some dubs on my MO too. I have been looking at some 19s and been toying with the idea of 20s. But I think the 20s will compromise the ride too much- I'm not sure.

I also don't want the tires to protrude any farther out than stock. Well, maybe 1/4 unch or so, but that's it. I like the stance as it is.

I was looking at www.tirerack.com and found a few sets of 19s and it listed their offset, but I'm not sure what the stock offset is and haven't looked in my manual yet.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Stock offset on the 18s is 35. You may need more (ex. 25) if yor are going to wider tires.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is there a difference in type of rim needed for TPMS and non TPMS. If I remember correctly, tire rack asks if you have TPMS or not, and I think the non TPMS have a better selection available.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks N2Muranos...Bigwheels.net was very helpful. There are so mnay choices on there! I think I have narrowed it down to the MK 12, the Panther EMR 248, or the Panther EMR 304...I will have to look into it some more.

Is this where you got your rims at? The probably charge a grip for shipping though. I wonder if I can take the quotes from the site and see if a local shop can beat the price. I will look around a bit. Thanks again for the info.

I will post pics if I go on a whim and buy them!

:2:

·
Registered
486 Posts
This is a page I tried to compile combining all the Muranos with aftermarket wheels/tires 18" and up. I haven't updated it so I'm sure there are more Muranos out there with aftermarket wheels now. This should help you figure out style (chrome vs. silver) 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 series tires.

Nissan Murano Wheels Gallery (FreshAlloy.com)

I didn't get my wheels from Bigwheels.net, I got it from a local shop ShowStoppersUSA.

On a side note...

Right Front Wheel

Right Rear Wheel

Driving on the freeway I had a mishap recently with two of my wheels running over a metal rod about the height of a street curb. (so did seven other cars that night.)
Outcome = bent wheels and ruined tires, suspension was okay.

The good thing is my tires were insured through a Discount Tires after a previous mishap. Unfortunately, I had to order two new wheels.

ShowStoppers priced me $590.00 for two wheels (and that's a discounted price.) Ouch! Luckily I saw my very same wheels on Ebay for $550.00 for 4 wheels Brand New!!!... Fortunatlely no one else bid, so I won the bid on the wheels... Now I have 2 extra wheels just in case.

And the store I won the wheels from is

www.WheelStudio.com

I think this store offers free shipping.

Good luck with your choice of wheels and get free replacement road hazard warranty on your tires if you can. Post your pics in the Wheels Gallery when you get your wheels.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here is another good place for wheels...they've got it all. They have many more wheels than you see on the site.....call 'em. These guys do high-end customizations for athletes, entertainers, etc.
They did my tint and a few other minor things...I'm still considering new wheels/tires.

http://www.hotcarrss.com/

(Richmond, VA..owned by former UVA and NBA player Cory Alexander)

Sometimes, depending on the angle....even the stock wheels look pretty hot....here's a shot of my MO that makes the stock wheels look pretty good:

http://www.nissanmurano.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1162&size=big&papass=&sort=1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts