Nissan Murano Forum banner

321 - 340 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
29/ '06 S Merlot AWD/ painfully blah on upgrades, bought Inno roof rack with Yakima bike carrier, AVS bug guard that doesn't fit (*edit* removed the majority of the rubber gasket material under the lip of the hood and got it to fit), Reese hitch reciever, back up cam and monitor, SES 12 piece chrome pillar accents, Wade window shields, Murano all crappy weather rubber mats and mud guards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hey all, new here...41
Wife just purchased new 09 SL.
Merlot, black leather, premium, moon roof.
Goodyear Eagle LS tires.
So far so good.
 

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
57 and finally exhaling after 22 years of Chrysler mini vans. Having a ball, modding this MO into just what I want in a car. Take care!

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
im 22... my car history would be a 1986 toyota cressida (caught on fire at school)... then a 2002 Nissan Frontier (traded in for the MO)..... and then finally my 2009 Murano..... switched to the Murano because it was a more fuel efficient and more practical as a people hauler with 4 doors instead of 2..... I do miss the truck a little though because it was more fun to drive especially in the rain and i was a little less paranoid about driving it around even though i was still paranoid......

at first i was looking for a S AWD... I just have this thing against FWD and refuse to drive one so I had to go AWD..... then after some searching at the dealer we didnt have much options on the S AWD.... a little disappointed.... then as i was just walking out the showroom this SL AWD sitting at the front of the lot just caught my eye.... it was platinum graphite(i only wanted either platinum graphite, brilliant silver, or merlot) and had leather interior and the so awesome looking glass roof..... then i looked at the price tag.... $34K.... not bad when all the other similar looking ones were $38k because they had the tech packages and stuff that i didnt really care for...... so anyways talked it down to $31200 I believe it was...... got $7 or 8K out of the trade in which was twice that of what another dealer quoted me for the trade in..... I was so mad when the first dealer said they only give $4k for my truck because it was in mint condition with only 23k miles and blue book said it was worth 9k for private party and 7 or 8k for trade in.... it was an insult to all the care i had put into the truck

I am so glad I went w/ the SL instead of S because I was sick of trim envy that I had when I was driving the truck everytime I pull up next to a V6 frontier with all its power gadgets....if i had gotten the S i wouldve been envy of the fog light....the tinted glass....the 6 disc changer.... the color video screen...... etc etc.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
BEACHN said:
29/ '06 S Merlot AWD/ painfully blah on upgrades, bought Inno roof rack, AVS bug guard that doesn't fit, Reese hitch reciever, back up cam and monitor.
Regarding your AVS bug guard; if you mean the hood doesn't close you need to take off the rubber moulding at the inside edge of the hood. Mine didn't close till I took it off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
56 years old. 2007 black SL AWD w/Black Leather. Intelli-key, Bose, Sunroof, Xenons and a REALLY BRIGHT GREEN CRUISE CONTROL INDICATOR LIGHT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
jed1952 said:
56 years old. 2007 black SL AWD w/Black Leather. Intelli-key, Bose, Sunroof, Xenons and a REALLY BRIGHT GREEN CRUISE CONTROL INDICATOR LIGHT!
Congrats on your purchase. I think you bought a good year Mo'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
New Member

OK, 60 years young and just took delivery of our new Silver 09 LE, with every bell and whistle except the DVD entertainment system. This is a real departure for us, as we have been Toyota/Lexus owners for the last 20 years. Traded in our 05 Lexus RX Thundercloud and got what I would consider a decent deal, not great, but good.

Lexus lost it's edge for us with the new RX. I couldn't get past the body style, especially the anemic, chipmunk on steroids front end. Also, feel that Lexus has been dropping the ball on quality for the last few years, but the price keeps escalating to the point where the value is now gone. We still have and will keep my wife's Lexus GS AWD - it's an awesome car, and handles beautifully.

Many thanks to the Forum as I spent a lot of time here before making a commitment. Good information and very helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
Re: New Member

Orzel said:
OK, 60 years young and just took delivery of our new Silver 09 LE, with every bell and whistle except the DVD entertainment system. This is a real departure for us, as we have been Toyota/Lexus owners for the last 20 years. Traded in our 05 Lexus RX Thundercloud and got what I would consider a decent deal, not great, but good.

Lexus lost it's edge for us with the new RX. I couldn't get past the body style, especially the anemic, chipmunk on steroids front end. Also, feel that Lexus has been dropping the ball on quality for the last few years, but the price keeps escalating to the point where the value is now gone. We still have and will keep my wife's Lexus GS AWD - it's an awesome car, and handles beautifully.

Many thanks to the Forum as I spent a lot of time here before making a commitment. Good information and very helpful.
Congrats on your new Mo'. You're also a good age to have one (I'm also 60, if you didn't guess).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Re: Re: New Member

sawasan said:


Congrats on your new Mo'. You're also a good age to have one (I'm also 60, if you didn't guess).
Hey 60 ain't old, it's just better! Think of all the experience the young bucks don't have! Heck, I'm just getting my second wind.:D

Remember, old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!!:4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
Re: Re: Re: New Member

Orzel said:


Hey 60 ain't old, it's just better! Think of all the experience the young bucks don't have! Heck, I'm just getting my second wind.:D

Remember, old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!!:4:
I agree 110%!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
46; 2010 Tinted Bronze/Beige SL; Leather, Premium, 360
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
38, '10 SL AWD, Tinted Bronze/Beige, Premium/Leather/360
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
70, 09 LE, AWD, Pearl white/beige leather interior, dual pane sunroof, Nav, backup camera, DVD screens w/wireless headphones in headrests,X Box input station in console,Bose premium sound system, all sorts of stuff I don't know how to use....and I have ten years on you Orzel!! :rolleyes:
 
321 - 340 of 348 Posts
About this Discussion
347 Replies
279 Participants
Wild and Free
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top