Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2014 murano and was gonna change out air cabin filter...so when i took off the tab for the filter and stuck my hand to get the filter there was nothing there...so i contorted myself to see what the hell and it seems the filter might be in there but its like sitting all the way to the front of the vehicle ...its not even in the slot......ok its like the if you put the filter in the slot and then it should stay there ...but....it looks as if it slides back toward to front and then slide down into a slot .....so when i open the tab i cant see filter...and i can put my hands into slot and feel nothing...god i hope this makes sense..................there no way to even grab filter

·
Super Moderator
8,471 Posts
I suggest taking your time and trying different angles of attack. A good flashlight may help see what's going on.

It's always possible that the last installer crushed the filter somewhat while installing, which could result in having kind of a mess in there. It may take some kind of hook-shaped tool to remove it, but don't tear it into pieces that will be even harder to remove. I've often had good luck cutting up a wire coat hanger and shaping it as needed with a pair of needle-nose pliers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suggest taking your time and trying different angles of attack. A good flashlight may help see what's going on.

It's always possible that the last installer crushed the filter somewhat while installing, which could result in having kind of a mess in there. It may take some kind of hook-shaped tool to remove it, but don't tear it into pieces that will be even harder to remove. I've often had good luck cutting up a wire coat hanger and shaping it as needed with a pair of needle-nose pliers.
i hear what your saying ..filter looks in tact ..but its not in the slot per say ...its up into the housing toward the front and sitting down into another slot..so i cant even grab it...its really weird...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so when you pull the tab to get to the filter ..you should see side of filter ..right ?...there nothing there its off to the side inside there i dont know how its like that ..but it is..also looked at all the you tube videos doesnt look like mine

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was able to get it out ..used a longer sharp tool..but it was pushed all the way in .it was like it slid all the way to the back of housing..it was right filter i guess ..

·
Super Moderator
8,471 Posts
Glad to hear it. You can replace it more gently!

·
Registered
190 Posts
This is ALWAYS a pain in the ass. Do it during summer. Not during winter. it's so bad. Every youtube video out there makes it look easy but I had to destroy the filter to take it out. Then the new one I folded it in so many different ways just to get it in there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah this was a pain in the ass....the old filter was seated all the way in the housing toward the back of housing..im saying it was seated all the way in...(toward the engine)..maybe this is how there suppose to be installed...when i put the new filter in i just left it in the slot..not sure if i should put in all the way in like the old one was...hmmm....

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
yeah this was a pain in the ass....the old filter was seated all the way in the housing toward the back of housing..im saying it was seated all the way in...(toward the engine)..maybe this is how there suppose to be installed...when i put the new filter in i just left it in the slot..not sure if i should put in all the way in like the old one was...hmmm....
From my experience the cabin filter should be inserted so that the front of the filter is flush with the filter housing.

Also make sure the filter is oriented correctly for the airflow. There is usually a note or an indicating arrow on the cabin filter showing this.

Reactions: gonzo64

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From my experience the cabin filter should be inserted so that the front of the filter is flush with the filter housing.

Also make sure the filter is oriented correctly for the airflow. There is usually a note or an indicating arrow on the cabin filter showing this.
thats exactly how i left it in there..and arrows facing the right way...plus it makes it easier to get out..not sure how the original filter got that way...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts