Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Help! The airbag light is blinking on my 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD. I have not yet been able to scan it for I have a scantool arriving tomorrow. I'm going to scan it tomorrow and get an SRS code. I will post it here.

My car has 140k miles what part of the SRS fails around this mileage?

I will add I hit a car back in 2018 at low speed and have driven off-road on construction sites for work.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano AWD
756 Posts
Hello! Help! The airbag light is blinking on my 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD. I have not yet been able to scan it for I have a scantool arriving tomorrow. I'm going to scan it tomorrow and get an SRS code. I will post it here.

My car has 140k miles what part of the SRS fails around this mileage?

I will add I hit a car back in 2018 at low speed and have driven off-road on construction sites for work.
When you pull the SRS codes, post them here. No one can really help you without them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SRS Codes: B1054, B1049. It is recommending I replace the Clockspring for the circuit is open. Is there a fuse that powers this module? Could I try that?

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano AWD
756 Posts
SRS Codes: B1054, B1049. It is recommending I replace the Clockspring for the circuit is open. Is there a fuse that powers this module? Could I try that?
Yes, there are a couple of fuses linked to the SRS system. You can find a wiring diagram for your car in the "SRS Airbag" file in the service manual for your car linked below. If the fuses are good then I would suggest to at least verify the integrity of the wiring before replacing parts, but if you want to role the dice and just replace the spiral cable then you can find videos on Youtube. One of them was made by a poster on this forum (@DreamCar5683) and he may be able to help you if you have specific questions about that job.

https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to check the fuses and assure they are good. If they are, the next step will be to have a mechanic check it. A mechanic that I trust. The volume and stereo controls stopped working on my steering wheel not long ago (about 10 months ago). So I am going to hope, hope it is just a fuse or wiring issue my mechanic can remedy. He has let me go for free with simple fixes.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If you lost those steering wheel controls too, then I think you feel more confident it's the clockspring that needs to be replaced...

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano AWD
756 Posts
Yes, if you're losing the function of buttons on the steering wheel then that's often a sign of a problem with the clock spring.

·
Registered
41 Posts
IMO, always try the simpliest thing first, which I always feel is disconnecting both pos/neg battery leads for a few minutes, then reconnecting them. Doing that has solved a plethora of electrical/electronics issues over the years. I think checking fuses/relays is more time-consuming than disconnecting the battery. But that's me...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, tomorrow I will call around for quotes. Let's hope it is under $350.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here’s an idea what the project entails. Any independent shop, or a skilled friend, can do this project.

·
Registered
2017.5 Murano
4 Posts
Yes, there are a couple of fuses linked to the SRS system. You can find a wiring diagram for your car in the "SRS Airbag" file in the service manual for your car linked below. If the fuses are good then I would suggest to at least verify the integrity of the wiring before replacing parts, but if you want to role the dice and just replace the spiral cable then you can find videos on Youtube. One of them was made by a poster on this forum (@DreamCar5683) and he may be able to help you if you have specific questions about that job.

https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals
Do you have a source for post-2016 Murano FSM's? Mine is a 2017.5 and is not in the nicoclub listing.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Do you have a source for post-2016 Murano FSM's? Mine is a 2017.5 and is not in the nicoclub listing.
You can download PDFs of the manuals from Nissan by paying $19.99 for a 1 day access subscription.

Select Nissan Publications/Service manual

1 - 13 of 13 Posts