Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone has the instruction to remove aircon filter for replacement? Thank you.

·
Registered
389 Posts
This is all from memory, so forgive me if I miss a step or mis-state the numbers of screws, etc. Also, this is for a US Spec Murano... so it may not apply to a MO in Singapore.

It's reachable by just opening your glovebox door and dropping it down. You don't have to completely remove the glovebox, but it gives you more room if you do.

Basically remove the two screws holding up the latch of the glovebox. Remove the screws holding in the glovebox (I *think* there's 5 more... one of which (bottom right) is hidden by a vinyl cover. You'll need a small flat-head screwdriver to remove it. With the glovebox out of the way, the door to the cabin air filter is right in front of you. Just open, pull out the filter and replace.

Bob

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rtking said:
This is all from memory, so forgive me if I miss a step or mis-state the numbers of screws, etc. Also, this is for a US Spec Murano... so it may not apply to a MO in Singapore.

It's reachable by just opening your glovebox door and dropping it down. You don't have to completely remove the glovebox, but it gives you more room if you do.

Basically remove the two screws holding up the latch of the glovebox. Remove the screws holding in the glovebox (I *think* there's 5 more... one of which (bottom right) is hidden by a vinyl cover. You'll need a small flat-head screwdriver to remove it. With the glovebox out of the way, the door to the cabin air filter is right in front of you. Just open, pull out the filter and replace.

Bob
Bob, Thank you for the info. It should work except for the position, we're on right hand drive.

Cheers..

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
It's even easier than that.
Remove the two hinge pins. Get a good light and check it out; they have tabs to pull them with.
:)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
mgthe3 said:
It's even easier than that.
Remove the two hinge pins. Get a good light and check it out; they have tabs to pull them with.
:)
The tabs are black and they are right under the lid. Pull them off and glove box will just hang by the tensioner cord (good idea to support it with one hand.)

This way it is quick. It took me less than a minute to access the filter!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
OK.
I see the tabs. And they rotate about 180 degrees.
But nothing happens at that point.
Are you supposed to pull then side ways? Each toward the middle of the glove compartment?

Homer

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
hfelknor said:
OK.
I see the tabs. And they rotate about 180 degrees.
But nothing happens at that point.
Are you supposed to pull then side ways? Each toward the middle of the glove compartment?

Homer
Yes! I used the tip of the screw driver to help them come out

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an '04 and followed zebelkhan's instructions re. the hinge tabs and a little help from a screwdriver to ease them out. It took 5 minutes and saved the $45 dealer labor cost. Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
So Ca Mo said:
I have an '04 and followed zebelkhan's instructions re. the hinge tabs and a little help from a screwdriver to ease them out. It took 5 minutes and saved the $45 dealer labor cost. Thanks
I'd bet ya $45 most dealers do it the same way!

Thanks for the know how guys!

Anyone know the part number for the filter, so I can search for the best price or a better filter to use?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I was remiss in not getting back to this thread.
Thanks Z, using a srewdriver to move the tabs toward the center worked like a charm.
Washed the filter and re installed.
Will replace the next time........in about a year.

Homer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts