Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 murano SL, my alarm started to go off every 30 seconds exactly. It started yesterday and has been doing it ever since, i was patient with it for a couple hours, but then disconnected the battery. i read it may have something to do with the smart key and i should change the battery. reconnected the battery today and it is still doing the same thing. i read it could be the battery for the car as well, it is only 2 month new, but maybe i got a dud. please help...thanks

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

According to the 2005 Service Manual the alarm is triggered by 1) opening the front or rear doors, 2) opening the rear hatch, 3) "detection of battery disconnect and connect". So yes it is possible a drop in voltage is triggering the alarm.

It is also possible that one of the door locks is defective. Next time check all four doors and see if any are not physically locked after locking them remotely with the keyfob.

To make life a little easier (quieter) while working on the problem I suggest you remove the horn relay. :4:

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked all the doors and the hatch to make sure they were ok, my battery is ok. i am still having the issue. when i lock my car the service indicator light stays on red for about a minute and then continues to bling every 5 secs. my alarm continues to go off every 30 minutes exactly. any other ideas

thanks again

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
when i lock my car the service indicator light stays on red for about a minute and then continues to bling every 5 secs.
Are you sure it is the Service Engine Soon light and not the normally-blinking Security Indicator light?

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Try removing the battery from the remote for a night. Sometimes the remotes go bad and send a constant signal telling the murano to activate the alarm. If it doesn't cure it, try removing the second battery if you have more than 1 remote. If it goes away then you know the remote is bad.

I also remember these having issues with the wiring harness that runs into the doors, it would do strange things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im still having the issue, whats been happening now is all the time is says my rear liftgate is open even though it really is closed. im assuming this has something to do with why the alarm keeps going off. is there a bad sensor or something, how do i get the mo to realize the liftgate is shut.
thanks again everyone
....factory alarm btw

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The tailgate switch is built into the doorlatch assembly. You may try replacing that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mate,

any news on this thread? i know its been a while

i started getting this issue, i lock it and 30 secs later it will go off for no reason. not all the time but say 3/10 times. maybe the moving sensors inside the car playing up?

Also, i noticed sometimes when i press lock it beeps once, and another time it beeps 3 times. whats the diff?

·
Registered
1 Posts
alarm going off

Hey Robbie, I've got exactly the same problem on my 05 Murano. Tail gate says it 's open, alarm goes off randomly. Did you ever get yours fixed? Any help would be appreciated...Paul t

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bump! Anyone with ideas here? I have an 05 Mo, factory alarm and same problem that started a few months ago.

Symptom: EXACTLY 30 minutes after arming sec system, horn and lights activate like an alarm. Far away from intellikey, so not a rogue signal.

Troubleshooting one: about the same time the "mysterious alarm" started going off, the car kept telling me the rear gate was open. I took the rear locking unit apart, cleaned the contacts, tested continuity based on the tech bulletin, replaced in car and voila...no more "your hatch is open messages"!! Unfortunately the cleaning had no affect on the alarm problem :-( (doesn't mean that I didn't miss something here)

Troubleshooting two: after looking at this thread, I tested the door switches in case some thing was not working there. I would leave only one of the five doors open, then try to lock/arm the system. All doors/hatch checked out. BTW, I can't find a hood switch...on the car or the tech manual.

Troubleshooting three: well, maybe it's car battery? Replaced and still have same problem. :-( :-(

So, what "thing" on the Mo would trigger an alarm EXACTLY 30 minutes after arming the system, if it's not the door switches or battery???? Oh, and when I say exactly 30 minutes, it's to the second...there's a timer, drain, capacitor, something invovled here that's got me baffled!

help?

Good forum, by the way....long time lurker, first time caller ;-). TIA
Alan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bump! Anyone with ideas here? I have an 05 Mo, factory alarm and same problem that started a few months ago.

Symptom: EXACTLY 30 minutes after arming sec system, horn and lights activate like an alarm. Far away from intellikey, so not a rogue signal.

Troubleshooting one: about the same time the "mysterious alarm" started going off, the car kept telling me the rear gate was open. I took the rear locking unit apart, cleaned the contacts, tested continuity based on the tech bulletin, replaced in car and voila...no more "your hatch is open messages"!! Unfortunately the cleaning had no affect on the alarm problem :-( (doesn't mean that I didn't miss something here)

Troubleshooting two: after looking at this thread, I tested the door switches in case some thing was not working there. I would leave only one of the five doors open, then try to lock/arm the system. All doors/hatch checked out. BTW, I can't find a hood switch...on the car or the tech manual.

Troubleshooting three: well, maybe it's car battery? Replaced and still have same problem. :-( :-(

So, what "thing" on the Mo would trigger an alarm EXACTLY 30 minutes after arming the system, if it's not the door switches or battery???? Oh, and when I say exactly 30 minutes, it's to the second...there's a timer, drain, capacitor, something invovled here that's got me baffled!

help?

Good forum, by the way....long time lurker, first time caller ;-). TIA
Alan
I have a 2012 Murano Platinum LE with a Power rear liftgate. I was getting false back door open messages and random alarms going off ( always seemed to be at 3 AM!). Took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed it for no charge but to no avail. I removed the latch mechanism looking for switches that tell the computer the latch was closed or open. There are two switches that open and close based on the position of the latch. The bottom micro switch is actuated by the latch impinging on a copper arm that opened the switch. I noticed the wear pattern indicated very marginal contact. I loosened the microswitch nut and placed a washer underneath it to reposition the switch to provide better contact.Three days and counting (knock o wood) with false errors and no alarms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts