Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 Murano with a dealer installed passive alarm system. The Mo got into a bit of an accident and now after repairs, the alarm will "start to sound" for no reason. "Start to sound" meaning it'll beep four times but never progress into the wailing siren portion and then just stop. Not a huge problem, but a bit bothersome. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Dealer-installed? There you go.

Bring it back to dealer and have them fix it.

-njjoe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point njjoe. just thought i could avoid the hassle of going to the dealership with maybe a quicktip from the forum.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
If you know how to perform a reset procedure - do it. I had the same type of problem, but mine was beeping 5 seconds after you lock it from the remote 1 time, meaning door or doors were open. My friend reset it, something like open the door, press lock key, then unlock key then lock key again, within 3 seconds. Or he might do that in different order, I do not remember exactly. I am not sure what alarm you have installed, but if you have a manual you might try to figure out. ;)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
suMO said:
good point njjoe. just thought i could avoid the hassle of going to the dealership with maybe a quicktip from the forum.
suMO-

It is not easy to troubleshoot an unknown system. What is the name and model of the dealer-installed alarm system?

-njjoe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts