Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since a car got stolen in my community I started thinking about the Mo's alarm. Does it go off when a window is broken? What about if a car door bumps it? Does it have "engine kill"? Someone please give me the low down concerning the alarm!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
It'd be nice if a harpoon gigged someone to the car if they climbed in the window after breaking it with the alarm armed.

"wow, that looks like it hurts"

:D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The Murano's security system is a relatively standard (primitive) system found on most new cars today.

The alarm will go off if any of the 4 doors or rear lift-gate is opened while the alarm is set. Some cars' alarms go off if the hood is opened (like my Jeep GC), but this is not so with the MO.

There is no motion sensor or broken glass sensor.

A vandal can break every window and roll the car on it's side and the alarm will not go off.

According to the Owners Manual:
"The NISSAN Vehicle Immobilizer System will not allow the engine to start without the use of the registered NISSAN Vehicle Immobilizer System key."

I am not sure how difficult (or easy) it is to by-pass the Vehicle Immobilizer system.

-njjoe

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I will look into getting a better alarm installed being I live in Soith Florida. I have been broken into once before in my old car with about $1000 worth of stuff stolen. Just 3 days ago a truck was flat out stolen in my GATED community. Whats a couple hundred bucks for security? Anyone know of any good deals for alarms?
-Thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
Soc3558 - Most of the chatter on this site regarding alarms has been for the Viper. here is a link to a thread discussing this alarm system:
Viper discussion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts