Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alignment was off on delivery, Murano pulled to the left. Took it in to the dealer and voila, no more left pull. Tech said alignment was out from factory. Not surprising, so was my Z. Although the Z was manufactured in Opama and the MO in Kyushu.

Note. Remember to account for road crown when determining pull. Road crown is the hump in the middle with slopes to either side so that rain will run off. When in the right lane of a two lane road, there should be a pull to the right. When on the left, the pull is to the left. Stradle the middle and there should be no pull. Amount of pull depends on amount of crown/slope.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Same problem, same solution, same result. Makes you wonder if the guy who sets the alignment in the factory had too much Saki the night before?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's one for you....

My steering wheel was not properly aligned when I purhased my MO. It didn't pull one way or the other, but my steering wheel was off center about an inch to the left and the wheels pointed straight.

After a ~500 mile highway trip within the breakin period it was perfect. I had already called the dealer to schedule to have it fixed. I've never experienced this with a car before. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Mine has been pulling to the left since I got it. even when driving on the right side of the highway. I am scheduled to take it in this Saturday to have it fixed. I also plan to ask them to take off these small, blue, circular stickers that are on all four wheels.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
purdue2k2 said:
Here's one for you....

My steering wheel was not properly aligned when I purhased my MO. It didn't pull one way or the other, but my steering wheel was off center about an inch to the left and the wheels pointed straight.

After a ~500 mile highway trip within the breakin period it was perfect. I had already called the dealer to schedule to have it fixed. I've never experienced this with a car before. Any thoughts?
You sure it wasn't pulling? Assuming it wasn't pulling I can only see this happening if the steering rack shifted. There have been cases reported of clunking sounds and the fix has been to tighten the steering rack bolts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Enforcer said:

You sure it wasn't pulling? Assuming it wasn't pulling I can only see this happening if the steering rack shifted. There have been cases reported of clunking sounds and the fix has been to tighten the steering rack bolts.
I'm positive it wasn't pulling.....and no clunking either. Very strange. I guess I have nothing to worry about as long as it's centered now, unless there are still some loose steering rack bolts. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pulling to the right

purdue2k2, I had that same problem with my 99 Toyota Tacoma. The dealership told me that it should resolve itself after the break in period. They even checked it on the machine and the alignment showed up fine. After about 1500-2000 miles, it straightened itself out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I want to know what causes it too. Mine was off center to the right when I took delivery, no klunk, no pull. I had the dealer correct it, and then it was off to the left. before I had a chance to get it in to have it corrected (about 200 miles) it magically fixed itself. Argh! Now that I have about 5000 miles and it has started pulling left.... I am the only driver and haven't dropped a wheel in a pothole, or checked off a curb. I have not have a problem like this in any previous vehicle. It is a little spooky... Like there is a steering gremlin. What gives? Any ideas?

L

·
0 Posts
Wow!! I thought that was normal. My steering wheel is off by about 2" too. I guess I'll have the dealer lock at that also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me too! My steering wheel is off the the left about 2", was there when I got it. I do not notice a pull to one side or the other.

I had them take a look at it when I got my rustproofing done(I know this may be a rip off) and I just got the car back tonight. There was a note that the service dept could not get to the problem yet due to the 18" tires. I have no more info on this than that note. Will know more tomorrow.
This sounds like a common problem. Maybe Nissan in general. My pathfinder was never right in this regard.

·
4,664 Posts
Mine's fine...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine pulled to the left. When I brought it in to the dealer for an oil change I told them about it. In my case at least, they said it was because the right tires where inflated to 48 and the left around 35.

They said they fixed it but unfortunately I didn't get much of a chance to test it because it broke down shortly after pulling out of the dealer (details in another post). :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
do you have any more info on this TSB?
i had my car in the shop today, they said they tightened the steering rack bolts, but did not mantion performing toe alignment.

i want to make sure it is all set when i get it back.

Thanks.
-Nerf

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ST03-004 NTB03-065 June 25, 2003
2003 MURANO; STEERING NOISE AND/OR
STEEERING WHEEL ALIGNMENT CHANGES
APPLIED VEHICLE: 2003 Murano (Z50)
APPLIED VIN(S): Vehicles built up to: JN8AZ08 T *3W 118145
Vehicles built up to: JN8AZ08 W *3W 231037
APPLIED DATE: Vehicles built up to: 14-May-2003
IF YOU CONFIRM:
An Applied vehicle has
• Steering noises (perhaps described as a popping sound)
and / or
• Steering wheel alignment changes.

·
59 Posts
Mine was pulling slightly to the left, so with 11500 miles I took it to Nissan for an alignment. They said that all 4 wheels were off and now its fine. By the way, The Nissan warranty only covers the wheel alignment up to 12 months or 12500 miles (as an adjustment), so I just made it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts