Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
hey box, cool vid. does your mo have the acutal exhaust system from the 350Z. it kinda sounds like a can of angry hornets. maybe some kind of resonator would help to acheive the true Z exhaust note. i love the fx rims though

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nissanlove said:
hey box, cool vid. does your mo have the acutal exhaust system from the 350Z. it kinda sounds like a can of angry hornets. maybe some kind of resonator would help to acheive the true Z exhaust note. i love the fx rims though

Yeah I'm gonna end up putting the 350z resonator on as well. When i have some time.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sweet Jesus that's a gratuitously large file for 56 seconds of video, make Windows Media Encoder your friend. Try this, 3.65MB instead of 63.5MB: http://www.zfilms.org/temp/MoExhaustVid.wmv

So correct me if I'm wrong here, but your audible mods are: CAI, 350Z final muffler, no mid-muffler, y-pipe, and primary cat' replaced by a glasspack resonator. Right?

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
primary cat? no it was the exhaust front tube. The primary cat's are right after the headers. Anyhow....I took the glass pack off just to see how it would sound....After the vid I think I'll be putting on the stock 350 resonator.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MightyMo said:
Sweet Jesus that's a gratuitously large file for 56 seconds of video, make Windows Media Encoder your friend. Try this, 3.65MB instead of 63.5MB: http://www.zfilms.org/temp/MoExhaustVid.wmv

So correct me if I'm wrong here, but your audible mods are: CAI, 350Z final muffler, no mid-muffler, y-pipe, and primary cat' replaced by a glasspack resonator. Right?
Thanks for resizing the vid. :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would call the small cats hanging off the exhaust manafolds pre-cats, they are designed to warm up fast to keep cold-start emissions to a minimum. The primary cat is the single big one you removed. But anyway, so you had:

CAI, y-pipe, no primary cat, no mid-muffler, and the 350Z final exhast eh? No wonder it sounds so loud and raspy, I bet it's wonderful with the windows down at WOT screaming under a freeway overpass :2:

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MightyMo said:
I would call the small cats hanging off the exhaust manafolds pre-cats, they are designed to warm up fast to keep cold-start emissions to a minimum. The primary cat is the single big one you removed. But anyway, so you had:

CAI, y-pipe, no primary cat, no mid-muffler, and the 350Z final exhast eh? No wonder it sounds so loud and raspy, I bet it's wonderful with the windows down at WOT screaming under a freeway overpass :2:
It sure does!:D

·
4,601 Posts
The Infiniti wheels look good!

I bet the MO sounds like a snowmobile with the CVT.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts